Kanye West Debuts New Film Experience
Co-directed by Alexandre Moors, G.O.O.D. Music artist Kid Cudi stars as a car thief who falls for a blind Arabian princess.
According to MTV News, the film showed on seven screens inside a tented pyramid. Images were projected all around, including on the ceiling and floor.
“It related to a post-Steve Jobs, post-Windows era, where we’re always on our BlackBerry in a ball game or at the movies,” West said. “I was very particular about having the screens separate, where your mind puts the screens back together, the way you put memories together. I’m not the best director in the world, but I had an idea that I thought would be amazing to inspire people, like a dream of one day this being the way people watch movies.”
While the film was not apart of the official Cannes Film Festival, West said that his grand vision goes beyond any one region.
“What I want to do post-Grammys is I want to change entertainment experiences,” he said. “Like if [late fashion designer Alexander] McQueen or [director] Tarsem [Singh] was to meet the entertainment value of Cirque du Soleil or Walt Disney. We’re going to bring it to New York to Qatar and re-edit it … so you guys are seeing the rough draft of this concept.”
The film is now showing to the public, with information posted at KanyeWest.com.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Concert Bracelets Save Teens After Car Wreck
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘New and Sexy’ Daily Show Premiere Date in New Video: Watch
- Michael Jackson Molestation Lawsuit Dropped
- Kelly Clarkson Singing ‘Love Shack’ Karaoke with a 10-Year-Old Fan Is Super Cute: Watch
- Tracy Morgan to Give First Interview Since His Car Accident Last Summer
- U2 Honor Fallen Tour Manager Dennis Sheehan Live in Los Angeles