Justin Timberlake To Write New Music
How long has it been since you last heard a single from Justin Timberlake? If you can believe it, his last album, FutureSex / LoveSounds came out way back in 2006. But he’s slated to release something new — for a new Jessica Biel film.
The Hollywood Reporter broke the story that Timberlake will act as the music supervisor and film composer for Biel’s upcoming The Devil In The Deep Blue Sea. Biel will star and produce the movie.
As composer, this means we can at least expect some instrumental tracks from Timberlake. As the plot of the movie is the plight of a grieving widower who is recovering from the loss of his wife, it’s doubtful you’ll get any tracks bringing sexy back. If anything, the content of the film indicates Timberlake will be creating darker, more morose music than we’ve possibly ever heard from the man.
Equally interesting is that he’ll serve as music supervisor. While ultimately the director, in this case, Bill Purple (New Girl, Green Lantern), has final say on what music makes it into any movie, the music supervisor suggests prerecorded tracks to be included. That means Timberlake could be recommending music from Lil’ Wayne, Gotye, or Leonard Cohen — and we’ll get a good idea of what kind of music knowledge the man has.
The film starts shooting in the fall.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Amy Adams Hangs Some Mistletoe in Front of One Direction in ‘SNL’ Promo: Watch
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s All-Star Goodbye to ‘The Colbert Report’
- Nick Jonas Recreates Tom Hanks’ Iconic Big Piano Dance: Watch
- Big Boi Hops on Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Remix: Listen
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- Game of Thrones Author Offers to Screen ‘The Interview’ at His Movie Theater