Justin Timberlake To Write New Music
How long has it been since you last heard a single from Justin Timberlake? If you can believe it, his last album, FutureSex / LoveSounds came out way back in 2006. But he’s slated to release something new — for a new Jessica Biel film.
The Hollywood Reporter broke the story that Timberlake will act as the music supervisor and film composer for Biel’s upcoming The Devil In The Deep Blue Sea. Biel will star and produce the movie.
As composer, this means we can at least expect some instrumental tracks from Timberlake. As the plot of the movie is the plight of a grieving widower who is recovering from the loss of his wife, it’s doubtful you’ll get any tracks bringing sexy back. If anything, the content of the film indicates Timberlake will be creating darker, more morose music than we’ve possibly ever heard from the man.
Equally interesting is that he’ll serve as music supervisor. While ultimately the director, in this case, Bill Purple (New Girl, Green Lantern), has final say on what music makes it into any movie, the music supervisor suggests prerecorded tracks to be included. That means Timberlake could be recommending music from Lil’ Wayne, Gotye, or Leonard Cohen — and we’ll get a good idea of what kind of music knowledge the man has.
The film starts shooting in the fall.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Meghan Trainor Gets Animated for ‘Peanuts Movie’ Soundtrack
- Jaden Smith Releases Cryptic Video for “Scarface”
- Watch The Weeknd Get Set on Fire in New ‘Can’t Feel My Face’ Video
- Rihanna Tried and Failed to Perform at Baltimore Protests
- Imagine Dragons, Jack Johnson to Play Farm Aid in Chicago This Year
- Tom Cruise Takes on Jimmy Fallon in Epic Lip Synch Battle