How long has it been since you last heard a single from Justin Timberlake? If you can believe it, his last album, FutureSex / LoveSounds came out way back in 2006. But he’s slated to release something new — for a new Jessica Biel film.
The Hollywood Reporter broke the story that Timberlake will act as the music supervisor and film composer for Biel’s upcoming The Devil In The Deep Blue Sea. Biel will star and produce the movie.
As composer, this means we can at least expect some instrumental tracks from Timberlake. As the plot of the movie is the plight of a grieving widower who is recovering from the loss of his wife, it’s doubtful you’ll get any tracks bringing sexy back. If anything, the content of the film indicates Timberlake will be creating darker, more morose music than we’ve possibly ever heard from the man.
Equally interesting is that he’ll serve as music supervisor. While ultimately the director, in this case, Bill Purple (New Girl, Green Lantern), has final say on what music makes it into any movie, the music supervisor suggests prerecorded tracks to be included. That means Timberlake could be recommending music from Lil’ Wayne, Gotye, or Leonard Cohen — and we’ll get a good idea of what kind of music knowledge the man has.
The film starts shooting in the fall.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’
- Justin Timberlake Revamps ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling!’ with James Corden, Gwen Stefani