Chaka Khan stole the spotlight on Wednesday’s American Idol finale with her amazing performance of “Ain’t Nobody,” “Through The Fire,” and “I’m Every Woman” with the top female contestants from Season 11. It wasn’t just her performance that caught our eye. Chaka debuted her new slimmed down look by doning a brown sequined catsuit.
Earlier in March, 94.7 The Wave spoke with the singer who, at 59, lost 60 pounds without the help of diet plan endorsement deal (unlike some stars today).
She talked to to the station recently about her lifestyle change which started with a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes. “I just started a healthy life regime and lost weight, have been working out and doing the right thing. I’ve become vegan.”
She goes on to say that she’s not only free of high blood pressure and diabetes, but sober as well going on 8 years.
“You have to work to make your life whatever you want it to be. And in the end it comes down to you.”
Britt Bickel, 94.7 The WAVE
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Madonna Imitates Kim Kardashian During ‘Fallon’ Lip Flip
- Idina Menzel Marries ‘Rent’ Co-Star: See the Photos
- On the List: 5 Songs That Will Have You Feeling Yourself
- Watch Ed Sheeran and Dave Chappelle Cover Radiohead’s ‘Creep’
- Why The Hell Are The Makers Of Velcro Mad?
- Katy Perry is Getting Her Own TV Channel for Her ‘Witness’ Tour