Randy Jackson: Deadbeat Dad Of The Year?
Over the last ten years, Randy Jackson has made some serious bank from his gig as an ‘American Idol’ judge, but he’s been seriously stingy when it comes to sharing the wealth with his daughter from his first marriage.
According to RadarOnline.com, when Randy and his ex-wife Elizabeth split up in 1993, Randy agreed to pay $1,950 a month in child support. Back then he made $250,000 a year.
His ex-wife shouldered most of the burden of raising their daughter on her $30,000 a year income, eventually having to take Randy to court in order to increase his child support payments with his more than quadrupled income when Idol started.
According to sources close to the family, Randy is kind of a cheapskate, and when his ex needed help covering extra expenses for their daughter such as tutoring, she had to appeal to his accountants for reimbursement. “If Liz needed additional financial help for their daughter, like tutoring or a hair appointment, she had to write to his accountants to be reimbursed,” a source told the National Enquirer.
“She also asked Randy to reimburse her for Taylor’s lunch money — just $71 a month — and he even stalled on that.”
Randy’s side: Well, he eventually paid up, but his accountants were “slow to respond.”
Randy, my friend, your parenting skills are a bit pitchy.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyoncé Lands the Cover of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People Issue
- Four Day Pop Up Cat Cafe! Don’t Miss It!
- Avril Lavigne Responds to Claims That Her ‘Hello Kitty’ Video is Racist
- Kim’s College: Tribeca Film Festival, No Kardashians In NJ & Pink Lyrics
- Joan Rivers Trash Talks Hostages, Clooney Stands Up For Obama & Khloe K Not Wanted In NJ: It’s The Hollywood Hotsheet!
- Justin Bieber Apologizes, Pleads Ignorance After Dishonorable Selfie In Japan