Jennifer Hudson To Star In New Movie, “Lullaby”
Jennifer Hudson has signed on to star in a new dramedy, Lullaby, alongside Terrance Howard, Garrett Hedlund, Downton Abbey star Jessica Brown Findlay and more.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the ensamble cast, which also includes Amy Adams and Richard Jenkins, comes together around the story of a man, played by Hedlund, who finds out his estranged father plans to go off life support. Hilarity, love, and high drama ensues.
Over the past several years, Hudson has faced real life drama, with a high profile murder case involving the singer’s family.
On May 11, Jennifer Hudson’s former brother-in-law was found guilty of killing three members of the singer’s family in 2008. After the trial was wrapped, Hudson issued a written statement thanking those who helped bring the guilty to justice.
“We thank all of the State’s witnesses who came forward on our behalf. We have felt the love and support from people all over the world and we’re very grateful. We want to extend a prayer from the Hudson family to the Balfour family,” the statement said.
This is not the first role Hudson has taken on since the murders. The Oscar-winning actress’ part in Lullaby follows her film roles as Winnie Mandela in Winnie (2011) and as Sister Rosemary in the slapstick comedy the Three Stooges, which was released earlier this year.
Lullaby will be directed by artist/photographer Andrew Levitas, who also wrote the screenplay. Shooting is scheduled to begin in New York City in June
-E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Sam Smith’s Video for ‘I’m Not The Only One’ Gives Us a Very Sad Dianna Agron
- Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Could Be Yours For $50 Million
- Radiohead: Jonny Greenwood Announces Live Debut of ‘Water,’ Phil Selway Releases ‘Coming Up for Air’ Video
- Ne-Yo Sues Ex-Manager Who Allegedly Cheated Him Out of Over $4 Million
- New Album from Janet Jackson is Coming Soon
- Posthumous Album of Robin Gibb’s Final Recordings Coming in September