Jennifer Hudson To Star In New Movie, “Lullaby”
Jennifer Hudson has signed on to star in a new dramedy, Lullaby, alongside Terrance Howard, Garrett Hedlund, Downton Abbey star Jessica Brown Findlay and more.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the ensamble cast, which also includes Amy Adams and Richard Jenkins, comes together around the story of a man, played by Hedlund, who finds out his estranged father plans to go off life support. Hilarity, love, and high drama ensues.
Over the past several years, Hudson has faced real life drama, with a high profile murder case involving the singer’s family.
On May 11, Jennifer Hudson’s former brother-in-law was found guilty of killing three members of the singer’s family in 2008. After the trial was wrapped, Hudson issued a written statement thanking those who helped bring the guilty to justice.
“We thank all of the State’s witnesses who came forward on our behalf. We have felt the love and support from people all over the world and we’re very grateful. We want to extend a prayer from the Hudson family to the Balfour family,” the statement said.
This is not the first role Hudson has taken on since the murders. The Oscar-winning actress’ part in Lullaby follows her film roles as Winnie Mandela in Winnie (2011) and as Sister Rosemary in the slapstick comedy the Three Stooges, which was released earlier this year.
Lullaby will be directed by artist/photographer Andrew Levitas, who also wrote the screenplay. Shooting is scheduled to begin in New York City in June
-E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono’s Sunglasses Are Not a Fashion Statement — He Has Glaucoma
- Mumford & Sons Back in the Studio for Third Album with Arctic Monkeys Producer James Ford
- Paramount Acquires Rights to Steamy Fanfiction Starring Harry Styles
- Paul McCartney Plays Pool in Lost Wings TV Ad: Watch
- Lena Dunham Says Taylor Swift’s New Bonus Track is Her ‘Someday Wedding Song’
- Yusuf/Cat Stevens Releases New Song ‘The Devil Came From Kansas': Listen