Jay-Z’s “Made in America” festival lineup has been released and Seattle rock band Pearl Jam will be co-headlining.
The list of festival performers stretches across genres. Aside from the headliners Jay-Z and Pearl Jam, other acts include electronic dubstep DJ, Skrillex; neosoul heartthrob, D’Angelo; Rick Ross’ Maybach Music crew, which includes Philly’s own Meek Mill; indie rock group Dirty Projectors; the oddball rap rebels, Odd Future, and many more.
On May 14, Jay-Z and Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter announced the two-day music festival from the steps of the Art Museum, as reported by CBS Local. The festival, called “Made In America,” will benefit to the United Way.
“Everyone knows my love affair with Philly from the amazing and talented artists I’ve signed from here,” said Jay-Z.
The festival will take place on Labor Day weekend (Sept. 1, 2) along Philadelphia’s Ben Franklin Parkway in Fairmount Park. There will be three separate stages on which over 30 acts will perform. Passes go on sale Wednesday at 10 a.m. via Ticketmaster and LiveNation.com.
E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Brown Details 45 Track Album ‘Heartbreak on a Full Moon’
- Selena Gomez Shares Heartwarming Video with Sister Gracie
- Kelly Clarkson Addresses Body Image on New Track ‘Whole Lotta Woman’
- Rihanna Likes Her Men Dressed in Black
- What’s the Song in the New ‘Black Panther’ Trailer?
- Watch Bruno Mars Perform ‘Just the Way You Are’ in Spanish