Tom From The Wanted Forgets Their Lyrics On Billboard Music Awards
The Wanted performed a medley of “Chasing the Sun” and “Glad You Came” on last night’s Billboard Music Awards with just one little hitch: Tom Parker forgot the opening lyrics to the opening of “Chasing the Sun.”
At the beginning of the song, instead of the usual, “I’m better/So much better now,” Parker filled in with the later lyric, “I’m never/I’m never down.”
He took the gaff with good humor, acknowledging it on his Twitter account.
Always wounding when you sing the wrong words lol!! Loved it though.
— Thomas Parker (@TomTheWanted) May 21, 2012
It’s not his first time. When the guys talked to CBS Local, Siva Kaneswaran outed Parker for forgetting the words previously to the track “Dagger,” from their UK album Battleground, while the guys were on tour.
“I was singing my verse in the song and Tom just sang with me,” Siva said. “And I was like, ‘Is this your part?’ And he realized, he was like ‘Oop!’ [In front of] 15,000 people.”
Last night’s little flub was in front of much more than 15,000 people but Parker can take solace, knowing he’s not the only guy in the Wanted who has forgotten the words. Max George also chimed in, admitting he always forgets the words to “Let’s Get Ugly.”
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- This Is Great News If You Have A 4th Grader At Home
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Announces Their New Cast For Season 21
- Watch: Miranda Lambert and Friends Playfully Cover Taylor Swift’s ‘Bad Blood’
- Miley Cyrus Trolled with ‘Miley, What’s Good?’ Comments on Instagram
- Azealia Banks Thinks Miley, Taylor, and Nicki Make Basic Music
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About New Song Dedicated to Her Late Father