Listen to Whitney Houston’s Duet With Jordin Sparks
Three months before the release of Whitney Houston’s last film, Sparkle, fans get a chance to listen to the singer’s final song “Celebrate.”
The duet with Houston’s onscreen daughter, Jordin Sparks is a feel-good number that pays homage to Motown. The song, which was produced by R. Kelly, sounds like something off the diva’s earlier albums. But on this track, the legend holds down the lower register and lets Sparks take the lead.
Sparkle, a remake of the 1976 movie of the same name, is about three sisters struggling to make it in the music business during the 1960s. Houston stars as the girl group’s mother and also executive produced the film. The late singer has appeared in four other films including Waiting to Exhale, The Preacher’s Wife and The Bodyguard, which holds the record for the highest selling soundtrack of all time, according to Soundscan.
Sparks paid tribute to the late singer at last night’s Billboard Music Awards singing The Bodyguard classic “I Will Always Love You.” While walking the red carpet, the American Idol winner told MTV she was honored to sing one of Whitney’s songs, but was also nervous.
“I’ve actually never performed this song before,” Sparks said. “It’s one of the songs I’ve always been like, ‘Leave that alone.'”
Check out the trailer for Sparkle, due out August 17, below.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in Bathtub
- 9 Must-See Super Bowl Commercials
- Before ‘Ted': Hollywood’s History of Talking Animal Movies
- Watch the Official ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Trailer
- Watch Jimmy Fallon Lead a Drunken Singalong of ‘Piano Man’
- Sia, Maddie Ziegler Help Ellen Celebrate Her Birthday with ‘Elastic Heart': Watch