Katy Perry Releases Lyric Video For “Wide Awake”
Katy Perry takes a different approach for the lyric video behind her newest song “Wide Awake.” Throughout the video’s entirety her Facebook timeline is shown tracing back to 2010.
The video begins with her first post announcing the release of her album Teenage Dream. Throughout each post we can see Katy’s excitement as her career continues to take off.
“My new album ‘TEENAGE DREAM’ drops August 24th in the US + Canada and August 30th everywhere else on Capitol Records! IT WILL MELT YOUR POPSICLE!” she writes.
Meanwhile, as the lyrics pop up on the screen multiple performance videos including the MTV Movie Awards and her music videos of each single off the album are displayed. More interactive than the typical lyric video, fans are able to go back in time and trace Katy’s success over the years.
Katy’s cover story in Rolling Stone is displayed as well as the single artwork behind “Firework,” and exclusive photos from “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.).”
All the while, Katy’s appreciation for her fans is evident. “Happy 1 year birthday to Teenage Dream! We made history, it’s been a beautiful year! SO thankful!” she writes while the image of a birthday cake is displayed in celebration of her much talked about album.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Hozier Peps Up Sam Smith’s ‘Lay Me Down’: Watch
- Nick Jonas Injured on the Set of ‘Levels’ Video
- Kanye West Is Getting a Super PAC
- Meghan Trainor Posts Before & After Surgery Pics
- Kanye West, The Weeknd, Haim, and More Star in Alexander Wang’s New Ad Campaign
- Dr. Dre, Taylor Swift, Jay Z, ‘Frozen’ All Broke Guinness World Records In 2015