Katy Perry Releases Lyric Video For “Wide Awake”
Katy Perry takes a different approach for the lyric video behind her newest song “Wide Awake.” Throughout the video’s entirety her Facebook timeline is shown tracing back to 2010.
The video begins with her first post announcing the release of her album Teenage Dream. Throughout each post we can see Katy’s excitement as her career continues to take off.
“My new album ‘TEENAGE DREAM’ drops August 24th in the US + Canada and August 30th everywhere else on Capitol Records! IT WILL MELT YOUR POPSICLE!” she writes.
Meanwhile, as the lyrics pop up on the screen multiple performance videos including the MTV Movie Awards and her music videos of each single off the album are displayed. More interactive than the typical lyric video, fans are able to go back in time and trace Katy’s success over the years.
Katy’s cover story in Rolling Stone is displayed as well as the single artwork behind “Firework,” and exclusive photos from “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.).”
All the while, Katy’s appreciation for her fans is evident. “Happy 1 year birthday to Teenage Dream! We made history, it’s been a beautiful year! SO thankful!” she writes while the image of a birthday cake is displayed in celebration of her much talked about album.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Madonna ‘Hasn’t Slept in a Week’ Since Demo Leak
- Elton John Marries Longtime Love David Furnish: See The Photos
- Watch Harry Styles Channel Patrick Swayze For a Little ‘Dirty Dancing’ With Kristen Wiig
- One Direction Perform ‘Night Changes’ & ‘Ready to Run’ on ‘Saturday Night Live': Watch
- Enter To Win A Disney Holiday Basket
- Jay Z & Beyonce Outbid for L.A. Mansion By the Minecraft Guy