Katy Perry takes a different approach for the lyric video behind her newest song “Wide Awake.” Throughout the video’s entirety her Facebook timeline is shown tracing back to 2010.
The video begins with her first post announcing the release of her album Teenage Dream. Throughout each post we can see Katy’s excitement as her career continues to take off.
“My new album ‘TEENAGE DREAM’ drops August 24th in the US + Canada and August 30th everywhere else on Capitol Records! IT WILL MELT YOUR POPSICLE!” she writes.
Meanwhile, as the lyrics pop up on the screen multiple performance videos including the MTV Movie Awards and her music videos of each single off the album are displayed. More interactive than the typical lyric video, fans are able to go back in time and trace Katy’s success over the years.
Katy’s cover story in Rolling Stone is displayed as well as the single artwork behind “Firework,” and exclusive photos from “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.).”
All the while, Katy’s appreciation for her fans is evident. “Happy 1 year birthday to Teenage Dream! We made history, it’s been a beautiful year! SO thankful!” she writes while the image of a birthday cake is displayed in celebration of her much talked about album.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Zayn Malik Gets Sappy for Gigi Hadid’s Birthday
- Rihanna Shares Hilarious Photoshops of Queen Elizabeth as Pop Star
- Win Tickets To SPF In Las Vegas!
- Have You Ever Received An Inappropriate Text Message at the Absolute Worst Time Ever?
- Paris Jackson Shares Photos with Godfather Macaulay Culkin
- Katy Perry Becomes Guy Fieri for Lookalike Day