Gavin DeGraw is getting ready for his tour with Colbie Caillat and Andy Grammer that kicks off on May 25. He recently took time out from rehearsing to perform a special acoustic set for Play 98.7/Tampa contest winners.
The secret invitation-only concert included three songs; two from his new album Sweeter and his hit single “I Don’t Want to Be.” In between each song fans got the chance to ask Gavin questions.
After he sang “Sweeter,” DeGraw explained that he never gets tired of playing his older songs, some of which have taken on new meaning.
“I’m so appreciative of my success and I know the reasons for it,” he said. “Eric Clapton still plays ‘Layla.’ Paul McCartney still plays ‘Let it Be.’”
Oh, and that hat? Gavin said he always wears it.
“When I go swimming I wear it. And especially when I’m making love,” he joked. “Certain artists don’t go on stage without their meat costumes; I’ve got my fedora.”
DeGraw will perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live! tonight. His summer tour with Colbie Caillat and Andrew Grammer will run from May through August.
- Frances Negron Play 98.7/Tampa
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Record Turnout for God’s Love We Deliver’s Midsummer Night Drinks
- A Great Big World Adds Flair To Pop Music
- Gavin DeGraw Channels Mumford & Sons On New Song ‘Best I Ever Had’
- Beyonce’s New Album Isn’t Coming As Soon As We Think, Ne-Yo Claims
- Sara Bareilles Shows Support For Same-Sex Marriage: ‘We’re Behind The Times & We’ve Got To Catch Up’
- Miley Cyrus Lets Her Freak Flag Fly For ‘We Can’t Stop’ Video