Alanis Morissette is currently putting together ideas for the video to “Guardian,” the first single from her forthcoming album Havoc and Bright Lights.
When CBS Local spoke with Alanis this week, the singer mentioned that she’s searching for a director at the moment but does have a pretty good idea of what the video should include.
“I’d like to touch on that fierce protectiveness that I have for people that I love, particularly the young creatures. I think it would be great to address the concept of bullying and the concept of a young person being neglected in their family.” She continues, “Also the postpartum part, you know I have a bunch of ideas for each verse that kind of touch upon case scenarios that really warrants a lot of empathy and compassion. So I look forward to demonstrating that and I think there might be some angel wings involved somewhere in the video, if I have my way.”
Alanis hopes she’ll be able to complete the video before heading out on her European tour in late June. So far she only has overseas dates scheduled into July, no word yet on upcoming U.S. dates.
She also recently posted a behind-the-scenes look at making “Guardian.”
Alanis Morissette will perform “Guardian” on Ellen this coming Tuesday (May 22). Introducing her performance will be Ellen’s other guest that day, Katy Perry. The pop star cites Alanis as the reason why she became a singer.
–Heather Stas, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’
- Justin Timberlake Revamps ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling!’ with James Corden, Gwen Stefani