Alanis Morissette is currently putting together ideas for the video to “Guardian,” the first single from her forthcoming album Havoc and Bright Lights.
When CBS Local spoke with Alanis this week, the singer mentioned that she’s searching for a director at the moment but does have a pretty good idea of what the video should include.
“I’d like to touch on that fierce protectiveness that I have for people that I love, particularly the young creatures. I think it would be great to address the concept of bullying and the concept of a young person being neglected in their family.” She continues, “Also the postpartum part, you know I have a bunch of ideas for each verse that kind of touch upon case scenarios that really warrants a lot of empathy and compassion. So I look forward to demonstrating that and I think there might be some angel wings involved somewhere in the video, if I have my way.”
Alanis hopes she’ll be able to complete the video before heading out on her European tour in late June. So far she only has overseas dates scheduled into July, no word yet on upcoming U.S. dates.
She also recently posted a behind-the-scenes look at making “Guardian.”
Alanis Morissette will perform “Guardian” on Ellen this coming Tuesday (May 22). Introducing her performance will be Ellen’s other guest that day, Katy Perry. The pop star cites Alanis as the reason why she became a singer.
–Heather Stas, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lauren Jauregui is NOT Okay with Trump’s Latest Executive Order
- Karen and Jeffrey Play ‘Prison Price Is Right!’
- Selena Gomez Covers ‘Only You’ by Yaz for ‘Thirteen Reasons Why’
- Victoria Beckham Films ‘Carpool Karaoke’ with James Corden
- Mary J. Blige’s ‘Strength of a Woman’ Features Kanye West, Missy Elliott, DJ Khaled
- Katy Perry, Lorde, Solange, More Added to Glastonbury 2017 Festival