Alanis Morissette is currently putting together ideas for the video to “Guardian,” the first single from her forthcoming album Havoc and Bright Lights.
When CBS Local spoke with Alanis this week, the singer mentioned that she’s searching for a director at the moment but does have a pretty good idea of what the video should include.
“I’d like to touch on that fierce protectiveness that I have for people that I love, particularly the young creatures. I think it would be great to address the concept of bullying and the concept of a young person being neglected in their family.” She continues, “Also the postpartum part, you know I have a bunch of ideas for each verse that kind of touch upon case scenarios that really warrants a lot of empathy and compassion. So I look forward to demonstrating that and I think there might be some angel wings involved somewhere in the video, if I have my way.”
Alanis hopes she’ll be able to complete the video before heading out on her European tour in late June. So far she only has overseas dates scheduled into July, no word yet on upcoming U.S. dates.
She also recently posted a behind-the-scenes look at making “Guardian.”
Alanis Morissette will perform “Guardian” on Ellen this coming Tuesday (May 22). Introducing her performance will be Ellen’s other guest that day, Katy Perry. The pop star cites Alanis as the reason why she became a singer.
–Heather Stas, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’