Adam Lambert recently sat down with Mix 96.5/Houston and shared some of the music on his iPod. Two of the tracks that came up were Katy Perry‘s “Part of Me” and Gotye‘s “Somebody That I Used to Know.”
“‘Part of Me” it’s so catchy. The first time I heard it I was like, ‘It’s already in my head,'” he said of Katy Perry’s hit single. “It’s angst-y. It’s still a dance song which I like. It still moves and still has a beat.”
Perry is set to perform her new single “Wide Awake” this weekend at the Billboard Music Awards. Meanwhile, Lambert hinted at one track of hers we’ll have to wait to hear.
“I heard through the grapevine that she has another one coming out on her re-release and I heard that it’s unbelievable and it’s one of the best things she’s done,” he said.
Whether the song is “Wide Awake,” he wasn’t certain as he hasn’t listened to the track himself.
Additionally, it turns out Lambert is a fan of Gotye’s popular single “Somebody That I Used to Know.”
“I’m just so surprised that it’s a radio hit. I love it!” he said. “I love that it’s so non-traditionally radio. It’s really cool. It’s catchy and his voice is cool. It seems to be the trend right now. Things are the exception to the rule and there are more and more exceptions. Hopefully that works for me too.”
Shocked at it’s uniqueness, Lambert tried to describe the song.
“It’s totally different. I like that it’s alternative,” he said. “How would you describe it? Kind of haunting. I’m really pleased to see that this is done so well on the radio because it doesn’t sound like a lot of things.”
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’
- Justin Timberlake Revamps ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling!’ with James Corden, Gwen Stefani