Taylor Swift Gives Back To Country Music Hall Of Fame
It’s no secret that Taylor Swift has a ton of money. After all, she landed at #11 on the Forbes’ Most Powerful Celebrity list for her earnings of $57 million last year. What do you do when you have that kind of cash laying around? You give back to the community that gave you a start.
The Country Music Hall of Fame, located in Nashville, Tennessee is a place like no other. You don’t have to be a country music lover to appreciate what this museum has to offer.
It houses memorabilia from Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, and Dolly Parton, along with some of Elvis Presley’s cars, musical instruments from the ’20s, a mock radio studio from the ’50s and more.
Now it will have another massive exhibit, the 7,500 square foot Taylor Swift Education Center, in which Swift has donated $4 million to fund the building that will house classrooms and a multitude of interactive rooms to educate the masses.
Museum Director, Kyle Young told allaccess.com, “Taylor is an artist who has always been ahead of the curve. By stepping forward to fund our education center, she has once again demonstrated that she has an eye on our industry’s future. It will truly be the heart of our living museum, educating and inspiring young people and families, teaching them Country music history and helping them to make meaningful connections between the music and their own lives.”
–CJ Robinson, Mix 105.1/Orlando–
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Nick Jonas Recreates Tom Hanks’ Iconic Big Piano Dance: Watch
- Big Boi Hops on Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Remix: Listen
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- Game of Thrones Author Offers to Screen ‘The Interview’ at His Movie Theater
- George Harrison, Bee Gees to Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Awards
- An Animated Questlove Chases Patti LaBelle and Fried Chicken: Watch