NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Donna Summer, the “queen of disco,” has died following a battle with cancer.
Summer was 63. Her family released a statement Thursday saying Summer died and that they “are at peace celebrating her extraordinary life and her continue legacy.”
New York City was partially defined in the ’70-s and ’80-s by the thumping, soulful disco music played at bastions like Studio 54 and others. And among all the myriad tracks that swept the city – and the nation – in that era, Summer’s tunes echo through time.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Calvin Harris Shares Naked Photo
- Selena Gomez Gets Fresh in ‘The Fundamentals of Caring’ Trailer
- This Week On FM Magazine: The Sing For Hope Pianos Are Back
- New Kimojis Will Include ‘Resting Kanye Face’
- James Blake Announces Fall Tour Dates
- Snoop Dogg Says He’s Done Watching Movies & TV About Slavery