Disco Queen Donna Summer Dead At 63 In Florida
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Donna Summer, the “queen of disco,” has died following a battle with cancer.
Summer was 63. Her family released a statement Thursday saying Summer died and that they “are at peace celebrating her extraordinary life and her continue legacy.”
New York City was partially defined in the ’70-s and ’80-s by the thumping, soulful disco music played at bastions like Studio 54 and others. And among all the myriad tracks that swept the city – and the nation – in that era, Summer’s tunes echo through time.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- This Week On FM Magazine: Hungerthon 2014
- First Times: Nick Jonas
- Meet One Direction’s New Member Ray
- Rihanna’s New ‘Rogue’ Fragrance Meant to Smell Like Falling in Love
- Aretha Franklin Says Unauthorized ‘Respect’ Biography is ‘Full of Lies’
- Pharrell to Star in Fairytale Chanel Campaign, Drops Original Single with Cara Delevigne