NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Donna Summer, the “queen of disco,” has died following a battle with cancer.
Summer was 63. Her family released a statement Thursday saying Summer died and that they “are at peace celebrating her extraordinary life and her continue legacy.”
New York City was partially defined in the ’70-s and ’80-s by the thumping, soulful disco music played at bastions like Studio 54 and others. And among all the myriad tracks that swept the city – and the nation – in that era, Summer’s tunes echo through time.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Andrew McMahon’s ‘Fire Escape’ Video Stars Two Lovable Dancing Balloons
- Mary J. Blige Challenges Hillary Clinton with Bruce Springsteen Cover
- The Will & Grace Reunion Was Everything We Hoped for and More
- The Lumineers Announce 2017 Tour Dates
- Is Ariana Grande Considering a Move to Country Music?
- Katy Perry Gets Naked to Get Out the Vote