Disco Queen Donna Summer Dead At 63 In Florida
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Donna Summer, the “queen of disco,” has died following a battle with cancer.
Summer was 63. Her family released a statement Thursday saying Summer died and that they “are at peace celebrating her extraordinary life and her continue legacy.”
New York City was partially defined in the ’70-s and ’80-s by the thumping, soulful disco music played at bastions like Studio 54 and others. And among all the myriad tracks that swept the city – and the nation – in that era, Summer’s tunes echo through time.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Miley Cyrus and 5 Other Musicians Who’ve Used Award Shows as Protest Signs
- Justin Bieber Compares Himself to Princess Diana After Being Rear-Ended By Paparazzi
- Miley Cyrus Lashes Out at Media For Going After Her Homeless VMA Date, Jesse Helt
- Miley Cyrus’ Homeless VMA Date, Jesse Helt, Has an Arrest Warrant
- Justin Bieber Accused of Attempted Robbery at Dave & Buster’s
- Justin Bieber Covers Johnny Cash’s ‘Ring of Fire': Watch