Disco Queen Donna Summer Dead At 63 In Florida
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Donna Summer, the “queen of disco,” has died following a battle with cancer.
Summer was 63. Her family released a statement Thursday saying Summer died and that they “are at peace celebrating her extraordinary life and her continue legacy.”
New York City was partially defined in the ’70-s and ’80-s by the thumping, soulful disco music played at bastions like Studio 54 and others. And among all the myriad tracks that swept the city – and the nation – in that era, Summer’s tunes echo through time.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Hozier Peps Up Sam Smith’s ‘Lay Me Down’: Watch
- Nick Jonas Injured on the Set of ‘Levels’ Video
- Kanye West Is Getting a Super PAC
- Meghan Trainor Posts Before & After Surgery Pics
- Kanye West, The Weeknd, Haim, and More Star in Alexander Wang’s New Ad Campaign
- Dr. Dre, Taylor Swift, Jay Z, ‘Frozen’ All Broke Guinness World Records In 2015