The Beach Boys To Appear On QVC Tonight, Promote New Album
The Beach Boys, currently in the midst of their 50th anniversary tour, will appear on QVC television network tonight, May 16, at 7 pm ET. Fans can tune in and watch the boys promote their new album, That’s Why God Made the Radio, which débuts June 5.
During the Beach Boys’ live broadcast, fans will also have the opportunity to order their new album. According to the QVC website, all orders will be shipped out on June 5 regardless of when the order is placed. However, if one does order tonight during the special, the album will be paired with a bonus CD including 11 tracks of the Beach Boys’ greatest hits.
Along with the album, there is also a new book being published about the Beach Boys on June 1, Fifty Sides of The Beach Boys: The Songs that Tell Their Story by Mark Dillon.
According to the description, it says this book tells the story behind 50 of the band’s greatest songs from the perspective of group members, collaborators, fellow musicians, and notable fans. There are chapters that feature certain songs, such as “Kokomo,” “Barbra Ann” and “Fun Fun Fun.” It is filled with new interviews with music legends such as Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Alan Jardine, Alice Cooper and Al Kooper, and commentary from a younger generation such as Matthew Sweet, Carnie Wilson, Daniel Lanois, Cameron Crowe, and Zooey Deschanel.
-Kate Murphy / 98.5 WNCX
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- UNICEF Using Music to Educate Liberia About Ebola with ‘Ebola is Real': Listen
- Taylor Swift is Your Tour Guide in ‘Welcome to New York’
- Watch Taylor Swift’s Visit with the Naked Chef, ‘Shake It Off’ Parody ‘Bake It Off’
- Singing Nun Releases Debut Single and It’s Madonna’s ‘Like a Virgin’
- Foo Fighters Will Play Chicago’s Wrigley Field Next Summer
- Lorde’s ‘Hunger Games’ Soundtrack to Feature Kanye West, Charli XCX, Tinashé