The Beach Boys, currently in the midst of their 50th anniversary tour, will appear on QVC television network tonight, May 16, at 7 pm ET. Fans can tune in and watch the boys promote their new album, That’s Why God Made the Radio, which débuts June 5.
During the Beach Boys’ live broadcast, fans will also have the opportunity to order their new album. According to the QVC website, all orders will be shipped out on June 5 regardless of when the order is placed. However, if one does order tonight during the special, the album will be paired with a bonus CD including 11 tracks of the Beach Boys’ greatest hits.
Along with the album, there is also a new book being published about the Beach Boys on June 1, Fifty Sides of The Beach Boys: The Songs that Tell Their Story by Mark Dillon.
According to the description, it says this book tells the story behind 50 of the band’s greatest songs from the perspective of group members, collaborators, fellow musicians, and notable fans. There are chapters that feature certain songs, such as “Kokomo,” “Barbra Ann” and “Fun Fun Fun.” It is filled with new interviews with music legends such as Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Alan Jardine, Alice Cooper and Al Kooper, and commentary from a younger generation such as Matthew Sweet, Carnie Wilson, Daniel Lanois, Cameron Crowe, and Zooey Deschanel.
-Kate Murphy / 98.5 WNCX
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Have You Ever Received An Inappropriate Text Message at the Absolute Worst Time Ever?
- Paris Jackson Shares Photos with Godfather Macaulay Culkin
- Katy Perry Becomes Guy Fieri for Lookalike Day
- Bruno Mars Drops ‘That’s What I Like’ Remixes Featuring Gucci Mane, PARTYNEXTDOOR & Others
- Morris Day Shares ‘Over That Rainbow’ Video a Year after Prince Dies
- Zayn Malik and PARTYNEXTDOOR Release NSFW Video for ‘Still Got Time’