Justin Bieber Defends Kim Kardashian’s Work Ethic
In the June issue of GQ, Justin Bieber revealed his celebrity friendship with Kim Kardashian, forged in 2010, is still strong. Bieber and Kardashian developed a mutual admiration society after meeting at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner that year. Within a few months the two appeared in a photo shoot in Elle magazine and on the MTV VMAs together, to the dismay of many fervent Beliebers.
During the course of his interview with GQ, it seems one of Bieber’s entourage made a rude remark about Kardashian and replies, “You guys are so mean, bro…People say she doesn’t do anything; she actually does do stuff…She works hard.”
For the Kardashian doubters, calling her a hard worker might sound like a stretch. But perhaps that’s based on Bieber’s own idea of hard work. The GQ interviewer, who hung out with Bieber in the recording studio while he worked on his forthcoming album, remarks that, “I have been told repeatedly what a hard worker he is, but in two nights—Bieber only records at night—I’ve witnessed him work for a grand total of forty minutes.” Perhaps he was in a creative drought?
Bieber and Kardashian haven’t been seen together a lot lately, possibly due to their busy and conflicting schedules, but when he sat down with MTV after the premiere of “Boyfriend,” he talked about working with current Kardashian paramour Kanye West who appears on Bieber’s forthcoming album.
When asked if he knew about the Kardashian/West romance, Bieber joked, “She didn’t even call me! It was crazy.” And kidded around about West, “taking my women.” Watch out, Selena Gomez.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo