Ne-Yo Slows It Down With “Lazy Love” Song
Ne-Yo returns to his groove with “Lazy Love,” the new single from his forthcoming R.E.D. (Realizing Every Dream) album.
The singer takes a mellow approach on “Lazy Love,” confessing the crippling, if blissful, affect that his lover has over his life.
“You got that I don’t wanna/ I don’t wanna go nowhere (that lazy love),” he sings on the chorus, “You got that I don’t wanna/ I don’t wanna do nothing (you got that lazy love)”
The song offers a taste of Ne-Yo’s fifth studio album, R.E.D (Realizing Every Dream). While Ne-Yo admits that he was not pleased with his last set, Libra Scale, which debuted at No. 9 and tumbled quickly, he previously told Complex he has higher hopes for R.E.D.
“I was trying to do things that I didn’t have a full understanding of,” he said. “…for this new album, I made it my business to make sure to go back to the old Ne-Yo so that it’s quality records…There’s definitely bass and cool octave beats, but there’s some dance and some for the ladies—a couple jams for them. It’s basically trying to please everybody. I know they tell me it’s impossible, but I don’t believe that.”
While Ne-Yo serves as Senior Vice President of A&R at Motown, R. E. D. will be released by Island Def Jam on September 18. Listen to “Lazy Love” below.
–E. Parker, CBSLocal
Get more news on fresh1027.com:
- An Animated Questlove Chases Patti LaBelle and Fried Chicken: Watch
- Watch Stephen Colbert Attempt to Sell Michael Stipe at a Yard Sale
- University of Pennsylvania Frat Suspended for Holiday Card with Beyoncé Sex Doll
- Calvin Harris Lands Spring Emporio Armani Campaign
- Madonna Denies Supposed Album Leak As Stolen ‘Unfinished Demos,’ ‘Form of Terrorism’