Lady Gaga Cancels Indonesia Show Amid Controversy
Despite her sold-out 52,000 seat venue in Jakarta, Indonesia, Lady Gaga won’t be taking the stage.
Blasted for being a “vulgar singer who wears only panties and a bra when she sings” by head of Islamic Defender Front (FPI) Salim Alatas, it seems he isn’t the only one who holds these sentiments.
According to Reuters, three Islamic groups have shared their dislike of the pop star and as a result Gaga has been forced to cancel the concert.
“She stated she is the envoy of the devil’s child and that she will spread satanic teaching,” Alatas said, adding, “This is dangerous.”
MTV News reports that the permit for the show has been denied while “some of the critics actually threatened to use physical force to prevent Gaga from getting off her plane.”
Yesterday she took to Twitter, perhaps to acknowledge her biggest tour date cancellation.
I’m obviously having a rough time tweeting today
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) May 14, 2012
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Concert Bracelets Save Teens After Car Wreck
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘New and Sexy’ Daily Show Premiere Date in New Video: Watch
- Michael Jackson Molestation Lawsuit Dropped
- Kelly Clarkson Singing ‘Love Shack’ Karaoke with a 10-Year-Old Fan Is Super Cute: Watch
- Tracy Morgan to Give First Interview Since His Car Accident Last Summer
- U2 Honor Fallen Tour Manager Dennis Sheehan Live in Los Angeles