There are still two more episodes of Glee left this season, but fans are already buzzing about what’s in store for next year. From the rumors of big guest stars to cast changes to scheduling shake-ups, we set the record straight about what’s really going on with the musical dramedy.
• First, the show is switching days, no longer will Tuesdays be your Glee night, instead the show’s making a move to Thursday night where it will air after the result shows of American Idol and this week’s newsmaker, The X Factor.
• Speaking of Britney, Entertainment Weekly reports that the show plans to do a second tribute episode dedicated to the singer featuring eight of her songs. There are no plans to feature Spears in the episode as of now, but they are in talks with her people.
• The show is also getting two big named guest stars: Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson, who will be mentoring a few of McKinley High’s graduating seniors, EW reports. Hudson, who is scheduled to appear in 6-episodes, previously showed off her skills in 2009’s movie musical, Nine, while Parker played the lead role in Annie on Broadway from 1977-1981.
• Which brings us to the biggest question, what will happen to some of our favorite graduating seniors? Well, don’t worry, Rachel (Lea Michele), Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Finn (Cory Montieth) will be back next year, but they won’t be in Ohio anymore. The creators have revealed the series will become a “show within a show” that will feature some characters in New York City at a performing arts college, while also focusing on McKinley High, where new students will be added to the mix. There is no word yet on what will happen with Puck (Mark Salling), Mercedes (Amber Reilly) and Santana (Naya Rivera), who as of now, are believed to be heading to L.A.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Andy Grammer is Going Deeper with New Music: “The world is tough right now. We need this.”
- Dr. Luke & Kesha’s Mother Issue Statement on Defamation Dismissal
- 5 Awesome P!nk Instagram Moments for National Pink Day
- FM Magazine: ‘War Within’
- Britney Spears Welcomed to Thailand with ‘Toxic’ Cover Video
- Adam Lambert Debuts New Single Live