You Know the Best Day to Go Golfing? Mother’s Day!
I was kind of in the dog house this Mother’s Day…
I bought Yankees tickets to take my son to the game months ago and I decided that May 13th would be the perfect Sunday…totally forgetting that it was Mother’s Day. My partner, Kim, was kind enough to remind me last week so I knew to get something really special together for my wife on Saturday. I took her to Home Depot to buy dirt for her flowers (no, really, she wanted to do this), I took her shoe shopping and I sprung for a nice pair of strappy sandals, then we went to Staples for printer cartridges, and finally, we headed to dinner at 56th Fighter Group for steaks and then we fell asleep early (you know, because my son and I were going to the Yankees game the next day).
Maybe this doesn’t sound like such a great pre-Mother’s Day but it’s all stuff my wife wanted to get done and she had me along for the ride… which brings me to my evil, ulterior motive.
By the end of the day, she was totally sick of me! That meant she couldn’t wait to get rid of me on Sunday and I was mostly off the hook! So much so that I decided to stop by the golf course on Sunday morning while she was still asleep. And I wasn’t the only guy there!
So I decide to ask all the guys golfing on Mother’s Day… how did you get to the golf course on HER day?! And my favorite response? One burly guy said… “Where I come from, mother is half a word”…think about that!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Rock in Rio Comes to Vegas: Metallica, Linkin Park, Taylor Swift, No Doubt to Headline
- Lady Gaga After Tel Aviv Show: ‘The World View of Israel is Just Not Reality’
- Sam Smith Offers a Day in His Life with ‘Restart’ Video: Watch
- Beyoncé Handles Central Park Wardrobe Malfunction with Unparalleled Grace
- Hear Aretha Franklin’s Powerful Cover of Adele’s ‘Rolling in the Deep’