Whitney Houston’s Family is Heading To Lifetime
It’s been three months since Whitney Houston’s tragic passing, but her family is ready to let the world see how they’re coping with the singer’s death in a new TV show.
The Houston Family Chronicles will be coming to Lifetime and will follow the lives of Whitney’s mother, Cissy, her teenage daughter Bobbi Kristina, her sister-in-law and manager Pat, along with her husband and teenage daughter as they each learn to cope without the singer.
The series will focus on Pat as she tries to keep the family together and manage Whitney’s business and estate. It’s been reported that Pat had previously been developing a project for the family with producers Tracey Baker Simmons and Wanda Shelley, who also worked on the 2005 reality series Being Bobby Brown, before the singer’s death.
“The unexpected passing of Whitney certainly affects the direction of the show,” Pat said in a statement. “However, it is my hope that others will be enlightened as they watch our family heal and move forward.”
The Grammy winner’s cousin, Dionne Warwick, and CeCe Winans will also appear on the series.
It was recently announced that Whitney will be the topic of another show, this year’s VH1 Divas special.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- We Can Survive Recap: Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande Dazzle the Hollywood Bowl
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best