John Mayer Allows Fans To Create Their Own Interactive Music Video
By simply entering a start and end location Google Maps Street View API and SoundCloud assist with the journey. Once you enter your desired location a map overlay shows the wide open road with a view traveling through highways, under bridges and green pastures with eerie accuracy.
Throughout this week Mayer will release the lyric videos behind several tracks from his upcoming May 22 release Born and Raised. With footage from Mayer’s “Shadow Days” road trip fans can listen and read the lyrics to seven new songs on his website.
If that’s not enough to keep Mayer fans occupied, his full album will be available to stream on iTunes May 15. Additionally, Mayer will be celebrating the release of his album next week in New York by opening a pop-up store at Reed Space located at 151 Orchard Street between Rivington and Stanton.
The store will open on May 21 and feature a photography exhibit by Danny Clinch and Gari Lamar Askew II as well as signed photo prints and exclusive merchandise. Mayer will even be on hand on the 21st to sign copies of his new album. The exhibit runs through May 29.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo