John Mayer Allows Fans To Create Their Own Interactive Music Video
By simply entering a start and end location Google Maps Street View API and SoundCloud assist with the journey. Once you enter your desired location a map overlay shows the wide open road with a view traveling through highways, under bridges and green pastures with eerie accuracy.
Throughout this week Mayer will release the lyric videos behind several tracks from his upcoming May 22 release Born and Raised. With footage from Mayer’s “Shadow Days” road trip fans can listen and read the lyrics to seven new songs on his website.
If that’s not enough to keep Mayer fans occupied, his full album will be available to stream on iTunes May 15. Additionally, Mayer will be celebrating the release of his album next week in New York by opening a pop-up store at Reed Space located at 151 Orchard Street between Rivington and Stanton.
The store will open on May 21 and feature a photography exhibit by Danny Clinch and Gari Lamar Askew II as well as signed photo prints and exclusive merchandise. Mayer will even be on hand on the 21st to sign copies of his new album. The exhibit runs through May 29.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- How To Get That Fierce Holiday Look by Beyoncé’s Makeup Artist Francesca Tolot
- Katy Perry Reveals Holiday Covergirl Campaign
- 18 Holiday Gifts For The Music Lover In Your Life
- Lorde Was Taylor Swift’s Manager For One Night, And One Night Only
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Help Us Swing Into the Holidays With New H&M Commercial: Watch
- Rihanna Teases New Album with 15-Second Snippet