PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Rapper Jay-Z joined Mayor Michael Nutter on Monday morning atop the steps of the Art Museum to announce a two-day music festival coming to Philadelphia to benefit The United Way.
“Everyone knows my love affair with Philly from the amazing and talented artists I’ve signed from here,” said Jay-Z, who will curate and headline the blockbuster event.
The event, called “Made in America,” will take place on Labor Day weekend along the Ben Franklin Parkway in Fairmount Park and include nearly 30 musical acts on three stages.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’
- Alicia Keys Unlocks Her Music Vault On New Interactive Fan Site
- John Mayer On Those ‘Smoldering’ “Who You Love” Photos & Duet with Katy Perry
- Peter Gabriel Remembers Nelson Mandela: ‘It Leaves an Enormous Hole’