PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Rapper Jay-Z joined Mayor Michael Nutter on Monday morning atop the steps of the Art Museum to announce a two-day music festival coming to Philadelphia to benefit The United Way.
“Everyone knows my love affair with Philly from the amazing and talented artists I’ve signed from here,” said Jay-Z, who will curate and headline the blockbuster event.
The event, called “Made in America,” will take place on Labor Day weekend along the Ben Franklin Parkway in Fairmount Park and include nearly 30 musical acts on three stages.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Passes To “The Boss Baby” & A Trip On AMTRAK
- Nicki Minaj, Zendaya Weigh in on Bill O’Reilly’s Controversial Maxine Waters Comments
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 5 Powerhouse Female Musicians Making Their Mark
- Katy Perry Pays Tribute to Fan Who Died in Car Accident
- #SoOldSchool: What’s An Old Word That You Think People Should Stop Using?
- Paris and Prince Jackson Get Complimentary Tattoos