Military Wife Gets Big Surprise From Lady Antebellum
Award-winning journalist Anderson Cooper debuted his syndicated daytime talk show this past September. This week he’s been covering Mother’s Day. On Wednesday, military wife Jessica Stokes got the surprise of her life when Lady Antebellum surprised her on the show.
It’s no mistake that Lady Antebellum consistently records songs their audience can relate to. Jessica tells Cooper, “Ever since I heard their first song on the radio, just every song after that I’ve loved, loved, loved.”
She goes on to explain how every song reminds her of her relationship with her Air Force husband, in particular the song “I Run To You.”
“‘I Run To You’ – being apart so often in the military, just listening to that song – when things go wrong, that’s who I run to, I run to my husband – so many songs that remind me of our relationship.”
Unfortunately Jessica has never been able to see her favorite band in concert because her family lived in Germany for three years. “There’s not a whole lot of country music going on in Germany.”
She also notes that they did buy tickets to see a Lady Antebellum show in London a few years back. It would have been their anniversary present; however, due to flying stand-by on a military flight, they did not make the trek from Germany to London. Jessica recalls they actually spent the night of the concert on the floor in the airline terminal.
Anderson then asked Jessica three Lady A trivia questions, under the guise of a chance to win tickets to an upcoming concert. Jessica passed the first two questions with flying colors. For the third question, they played a sound bite and asked her which song it was. But, it wasn’t a sound bite at all.
The group came out greet their fan, to her great delight.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Foo Fighters & The Strokes All Set To Headline Austin City Limits 2015, According to Leaked Lineup
- Taylor Swift Shares Her Text Messages with Ed Sheeran and They’re Pretty Adorable
- Britney Spears & Iggy Azalea Explain What It’s Like Being ‘Pretty Girls': Listen
- Thanks to ‘SNL,’ Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow Finally Gets Her Own Movie
- Gavin James Started From The Pubs In Dublin, Now He’s Here
- Jason Bateman Narrates ‘A LEGO Brickumentary’—Coming to Theaters in July