How Much Is A ‘Mom Salary’?
Mother’s Day is a time to pay back all the love, care and back-breaking work our moms put in over the years to raise and support us. But can you actually put a price on all they do? It seems you can.
In order to calculate just how much being a mom is really worth, Salary.com surveyed 8,000 mothers about their daily duties around the house to figure out an average “mom salary” for 2012.
According to the results, stay-at-home moms put in an average 94.7 hours every week, which works out to a staggering annual salary of $112,962, or $17.80 an hour. For working moms, they average about 57.9 hours a week doing mom duties to earn about $66,979 for an annual salary. That salary though is added on top of a $45,515 average annual salary for a 35.7 hour work week, coming in only slightly less at $112,494.
Here are just some of the many categories of jobs moms take on during a weekly basis that Salary.com uses to calculate their annual “mom salary”:
- Annual salary: $20,500
- Hourly pay: $9.86
- Stay-at-home moms: 6.3 hours a week
- Working moms: 4 hours a week
- Annual salary: $76,650
- Hourly pay: $36.85
- Stay-at-home moms: 7.6 hours a week
- Working moms: 5.8 hours a week
Daycare Center Teacher:
- Annual salary: $26,881
- Hourly pay: $12.92
- Stay-at-home moms: 13.7 hours a week
- Working moms: 5.5 hours a week
- Annual salary: $27,274
- Hourly pay: $13.11
- Stay-at-home moms: 13.9 hours a week
- Working moms: 8.1 hours a week
- Annual salary: $20,331
- Hourly pay: $9.77
- Stay-at-home moms: 14.8 hours a week
- Working moms: 7.9 hours a week
- Annual salary: $171,824
- Hourly pay: $55.07
- Stay-at-home moms: 3.2 hours a week
- Working moms: 2.9 hours a week
All moms deserve a round of applause for all that they do, so don’t forget to tell your mom ‘thank you’ this Sunday for Mother’s Day!
– Brit Bickel, 94.7 The Wave
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyonce Celebrates Her Birthday With A ‘Crazy In Love’ Remix
- Snoop Dogg Slams ‘Deflategate’ Decision, Wants Player’s Marijuana Suspension Vacated
- Beyonce’s B-Day and the U.N. Campaign to Combat Climate Change + Inequality
- Harry Styles Loves Grammar, Fixes Fan Sign During One Direction Show
- Miguel Teams up with Make Room Organization to Sing for Single Mom in Private Concert
- Happy Birthday, Queen Bey!