Adele has something new up her sleeves for fans. The multi-platinum singer has her first network television concert special coming up next month.
Adele Live in London, airing June 3 on NBC, will not only feature performances captured from Adele’s concert at the Royal Albert Hall last year, but also a brand new interview with the singer conducted by Today Show host Matt Lauer.
In the interview the 21 singer talks about rumors, fame and her Grammy performance this past February, where she made her first live appearance after having vocal surgery. She even admits that she was hiding a lot more than nerves under that little black dress she wore on Grammy night.
“I had three or four pairs of Spanx on that night,” she said. “I loved it. I actually had another dress made for the Grammys, and ended up, well, passed out in it. It had a corset, so I thought ‘I can’t wear that!'”
The singer also says she had to take a couple of pairs off to actually perform that night.
The performances featured in the upcoming special were originally released last year as part of the live 2-disc DVD, Adele Live at The Royal Albert Hall.
Watch the video of Adele performing “Set Fire To The Rain” from the Hall below.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- John Legend Has All His Luggage, Chill
- Bruno Mars’ ‘That’s What I Like’ Gets PartyNextDoor Remix
- Selena Gomez Celebrates World Kindness Day at LA High School
- Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape Of You’ Soothes Crying Baby
- Ed Sheeran on Liberian Relief Trip: ‘Nothing Could Have Prepared Me for What I Saw’
- John Mayer Wrote ‘Still Feel Like Your Man’ About Katy Perry