Sneak Peek: One Direction’s “Up All Night – The Live Tour” DVD
The guys of One Direction will release Up All Night – The Live Tour on May 29th, but CBS Local went to a special “friends & family” screening of the film yesterday to get the inside scoop on what you can expect.
Since the Up All Night tour played mostly in the UK, with limited dates so far in America, this will be the first look for most stateside fans. The DVD was shot at the Windsor Hall at the International Centre in Bournemouth, a costal resort town in Dorset — the very south of England. The venue is small, holding about 6,500 audience members and lends the show an intimate air.
One big surprise is that between costume and set changes, a camera follows the boys backstage while they change. You get to see the boys do a quick change in between.
Early on the guys performed a series of their favorite songs. Harry Styles introduced the segment by saying that when One Direction first got together they sat around his house and sang their favorite songs.
Zayn Malik kicked it off, singing the Black Eyed Peas’ “I Gotta Feeling,” with Liam Payne joining in to create some of the high pitched sound effects. Then Niall Horan lead the guys in a few choruses of Gym Class Heroes’ “Stereo Hearts.” After that Niall picked up an acoustic guitar to accompany Louis Tomilnson on the Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse hit “Valerie.” Finally Liam Payne and Harry collaborated, and were joined by all the guys, on a rendition of the Natalie Imbruglia track, “Torn.”
In addition to the full concert, the DVD includes an extensive behind the scenes package with the guys. More on that as we get closer to the DVD release date.
-Courtney E. Smith
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo