Drake’s “Club Paradise” Set Cut Short By Police
Drake has never had a problem with timing. But police in Irvine, CA chopped Drake’s Club Paradise tour set on Tuesday, May 8, after the show went beyond its scheduled time.
As the headliner, Drake was the last to perform and had to shut down his show before midnight. According to MTV News, he left with three songs to go after police forced him to close at around 11:45 p.m. Drake apparently went over his time, and the police intervened because of the amphitheater’s close proximity to several residential areas.
Drake explained the incident to fans on Twitter after the show.
Police made me cut the show short but I love you all for rocking with me Irvine!
— Drizzy (@Drake) May 9, 2012
In March, Drake announced that he would be extending his Club Paradise tour and will be joined by French Montana, Waka Flocka Flame, Meek Mill and 2 Chainz. The extended version of the tour which kicked off on Monday, is back up and running Thursday in Phoenix.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Fans Call for Beyoncé to Boycott Dress Designer After Supposed Racist Comment
- Hozier Soundtracks LeBron James’ Return to Akron: Watch
- Interview: Gavin Rossdale on Bush, Gwen & Being Young and Dumb
- Taylor Swift Announces New Song ‘Welcome to New York': Listen to a Preview
- Coldplay to Release Live Album, DVD Called ‘Ghost Stories Live 2014′ This November
- Gwen Stefani Just Wants a Little Honesty on New Track, ‘Baby Don’t Lie': Listen