Drake’s “Club Paradise” Set Cut Short By Police
Drake has never had a problem with timing. But police in Irvine, CA chopped Drake’s Club Paradise tour set on Tuesday, May 8, after the show went beyond its scheduled time.
As the headliner, Drake was the last to perform and had to shut down his show before midnight. According to MTV News, he left with three songs to go after police forced him to close at around 11:45 p.m. Drake apparently went over his time, and the police intervened because of the amphitheater’s close proximity to several residential areas.
Drake explained the incident to fans on Twitter after the show.
Police made me cut the show short but I love you all for rocking with me Irvine!
— Drizzy (@Drake) May 9, 2012
In March, Drake announced that he would be extending his Club Paradise tour and will be joined by French Montana, Waka Flocka Flame, Meek Mill and 2 Chainz. The extended version of the tour which kicked off on Monday, is back up and running Thursday in Phoenix.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo