Drake’s “Club Paradise” Set Cut Short By Police
Drake has never had a problem with timing. But police in Irvine, CA chopped Drake’s Club Paradise tour set on Tuesday, May 8, after the show went beyond its scheduled time.
As the headliner, Drake was the last to perform and had to shut down his show before midnight. According to MTV News, he left with three songs to go after police forced him to close at around 11:45 p.m. Drake apparently went over his time, and the police intervened because of the amphitheater’s close proximity to several residential areas.
Drake explained the incident to fans on Twitter after the show.
Police made me cut the show short but I love you all for rocking with me Irvine!
— Drizzy (@Drake) May 9, 2012
In March, Drake announced that he would be extending his Club Paradise tour and will be joined by French Montana, Waka Flocka Flame, Meek Mill and 2 Chainz. The extended version of the tour which kicked off on Monday, is back up and running Thursday in Phoenix.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lance Bass on One Direction: ‘I Just See Harry Leaving Soon’
- Bleachers Remix Sia’s ‘Big Girls Cry': Listen
- Here’s Ariana Grande & Lea Michele Singing Spice Girls on Helium
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Sequels Are Coming in 2017, 2018
- Billy Joel Will Play New York’s Nassau Coliseum’s Final Show
- Terry Crews Doing Vanessa Carlton’s ‘A Thousand Miles’ on Lip Sync Battle is What Dreams Are Made Of: Watch