Change Means One World Trade Center Might Not Be America’s Tallest Building
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – It turns out that One World Trade Center, which just last Monday took the title of New York City’s tallest building, might not become America’s tallest building.
The Port Authority and the Durst Organization have changed the tower’s design, according to a report. Chief Architect David Childs told the New York Times the co-developers decided to remove a decorative shell from the antenna mast that will top the tower. That change will likely bring the height down from 1,776 feet to 1,368 feet.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings