Change Means One World Trade Center Might Not Be America’s Tallest Building
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – It turns out that One World Trade Center, which just last Monday took the title of New York City’s tallest building, might not become America’s tallest building.
The Port Authority and the Durst Organization have changed the tower’s design, according to a report. Chief Architect David Childs told the New York Times the co-developers decided to remove a decorative shell from the antenna mast that will top the tower. That change will likely bring the height down from 1,776 feet to 1,368 feet.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, the Band Perry, John Legend Added to Stevie Wonder GRAMMY Tribute
- Lena Dunham Engaged? Not Until Gay Marriage Is Legal in Every State
- This Week On FM Magazine: The Ellen Hermanson Foundation
- Justin Bieber Apologizes to Fans After ‘Ellen’ Appearance: ‘I’m Not Who I Was Pretending to Be’
- Incubus to Premiere New Single, ‘Absolution Calling,’ on February 5
- Justin Bieber Teases New Music with Song Snippets