Change Means One World Trade Center Might Not Be America’s Tallest Building
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – It turns out that One World Trade Center, which just last Monday took the title of New York City’s tallest building, might not become America’s tallest building.
The Port Authority and the Durst Organization have changed the tower’s design, according to a report. Chief Architect David Childs told the New York Times the co-developers decided to remove a decorative shell from the antenna mast that will top the tower. That change will likely bring the height down from 1,776 feet to 1,368 feet.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lance Bass on One Direction: ‘I Just See Harry Leaving Soon’
- Bleachers Remix Sia’s ‘Big Girls Cry': Listen
- Here’s Ariana Grande & Lea Michele Singing Spice Girls on Helium
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Sequels Are Coming in 2017, 2018
- Billy Joel Will Play New York’s Nassau Coliseum’s Final Show
- Terry Crews Doing Vanessa Carlton’s ‘A Thousand Miles’ on Lip Sync Battle is What Dreams Are Made Of: Watch