Change Means One World Trade Center Might Not Be America’s Tallest Building
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – It turns out that One World Trade Center, which just last Monday took the title of New York City’s tallest building, might not become America’s tallest building.
The Port Authority and the Durst Organization have changed the tower’s design, according to a report. Chief Architect David Childs told the New York Times the co-developers decided to remove a decorative shell from the antenna mast that will top the tower. That change will likely bring the height down from 1,776 feet to 1,368 feet.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Crazy Saturday Morning Kids Shows from the 1970s
- ‘Fresh First’ Artist Andy Grammer Steers Clear of Trouble in ‘Honey, I’m Good’
- Snoop Dogg Banned from Katy Perry’s Super Bowl Halftime Show After Iggy Azalea Diss
- Hozier Recruits Margaery Tyrell for ‘Someone New’ Video: Watch
- Mumford & Sons Announce New Album ‘Wilder Mind’
- Walking Dead Recap: ‘You Should Keep Your Gates Closed’