Nelly Furtado Is Back With “Big Hoops”
A fierce looking Nelly Furtado makes her first appearance walking on stilts at the entrance of her new music video “Big Hoops (Bigger the Better).” The debut single off her forthcoming fifth album, The Spirit Indestructible, the Rodney Jerkins produced track embodies Furtado’s familiar vocals alongside bass heavy beats.
Co-written by Furtado and Jerkins, the track is an introduction to her upcoming summer album release.
“The song is very much my attitude, personality and spirit,” Furtado said. “When Rodney and I work together, I feel like a child in a playground, uninhibited and happy.”
The video was shot in downtown Los Angeles directed by X (Drake, Justin Bieber). Throughout the video’s entirety Furtado can be found walking on stilts, growing bigger and bigger as the track continues. While her height rivals skyscrapers, a performance from World Champion Native American hoop dancers only adds to the video production.
In a behind-the-scenes video of the shoot, Nelly shared her nerves.
“I’ve got butterflies in my stomach. [I'm] going back up on the stilts again,” she said.
Once the eight-foot stilts are strapped on she asked if she’d be able to hold onto a wall in the video instead of walking in an empty parking lot as originally planned. You’ll just have to watch the video to find out the answer to that question.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set
- Nate Ruess Talks fun.’s New Album: ‘It’s Moving’
- Coldplay Announce Tour Dates Behind New Album, ‘Ghost Stories’
- Lorde Finally Meets the Baseball Player Who Inspired ‘Royals’
- Kim’s College: Katy Perry’s New Man, Robin Williams As A Woman & Pharrell’s Breakdown
- Mrs. Doubtfire Is Back, Hated Celebs & Brad And Angelina Are One Kinky Couple: It’s The Hollywood Hotsheet!