Maurice Sendak, Author Of ‘Where Wild Things Are,’ Dead At 83
DANBURY, Conn. (CBSNewYork/AP) – Maurice Sendak, the children’s book author and illustrator who saw the sometimes-dark side of childhood in books like “Where the Wild Things Are” and “In the Night Kitchen,” died early Tuesday. He was 83 and lived in Ridgefield, Conn.
Longtime friend and live-in caretaker Lynn Caponera said she was with Sendak when he died at about 2:45 a.m. Tuesday at Danbury Hospital. She said Sendak suffered a stroke Friday night and never regained consciousness.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Sheryl Crow to Perform National Anthem at the First Democratic Debate
- Mathew Knowles Offers Seminar on How to Be Like Beyoncé
- Beyonce’s Dad Teaching A Course On How To Become Beyonce
- Is Taylor Swift Taking a Break From Music?
- Why Is No One Illegally Downloading Taylor Swift?
- Taylor Swift is Done with Public Feuds