Just weeks after their wedding, Mumford & Sons‘ Marcus Mumford and new wife actress Carey Mulligan attended the Costume Institute Benefit at The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Their first appearance as newlyweds, Carey walked the carpet in a backless gold Prada dress while Mumford was in a black tuxedo.
After dating five months, the Mumford & Sons frontman popped the question last August. In April, the duo married on a farm in the English countryside of Somerset.
In addition to planning a wedding, Mumford has been busy readying material for his band’s next release and performing. In March, Mumford & Sons played for President Obama at a state dinner thrown in honor of the British prime minister David Cameron.
Cameron and his wife Samantha are huge fans of Mumford & Sons. The London-based group performed as did John Legend.
Mumford & Sons have been giving fans a preview of the new material during their live shows, a task that member Ben Lovett told NME has helped the band shape the songs because “we get to listen to them through the crowd’s ears.”
Meanwhile, Mulligan’s schedule is equally busy. She’ll star opposite Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire in Baz Luhrmann’s film The Great Gatsby due for release in November.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Selena Gomez Praises Demi Lovato’s ‘Simply Complicated’ Documentary
- Frank Ocean Prevails in Father’s $14.5M Libel Lawsuit
- DIY ‘Milk And Cookies’ Halloween Costume (For Disgustingly Adorable Couples)
- Taylor Swift Gives a Tour of Wardrobes Past
- Fifth Harmony Share New Song ‘Can You See’
- Watch the Trailer for ‘Michael Jackson’s Halloween’