Marcus Mumford and Carey Mulligan Make First Public Appearance As Newlyweds
Just weeks after their wedding, Mumford & Sons‘ Marcus Mumford and new wife actress Carey Mulligan attended the Costume Institute Benefit at The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Their first appearance as newlyweds, Carey walked the carpet in a backless gold Prada dress while Mumford was in a black tuxedo.
After dating five months, the Mumford & Sons frontman popped the question last August. In April, the duo married on a farm in the English countryside of Somerset.
In addition to planning a wedding, Mumford has been busy readying material for his band’s next release and performing. In March, Mumford & Sons played for President Obama at a state dinner thrown in honor of the British prime minister David Cameron.
Cameron and his wife Samantha are huge fans of Mumford & Sons. The London-based group performed as did John Legend.
Mumford & Sons have been giving fans a preview of the new material during their live shows, a task that member Ben Lovett told NME has helped the band shape the songs because “we get to listen to them through the crowd’s ears.”
Meanwhile, Mulligan’s schedule is equally busy. She’ll star opposite Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire in Baz Luhrmann’s film The Great Gatsby due for release in November.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Enter To Win: Ariana Grande at MSG
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’
- Iranians Who Made Tehran ‘Happy’ Video Sentenced to Six Months in Jail, 91 Lashings