Macy Gray Covers Radiohead On Letterman
Gray doesn’t veer much from the original — the music and arrangement are exactly the same, as a matter of fact. Simply putting Gray’s rough, distinctive vocals on the song offers enough of a change from the original to make it unique. Where you expect Thom Yorke’s almost desperate falsetto, you get Gray’s much lower, much raspier vocal treatment.
Gray swayed through the performance, even mimicking the lyrics with hand gestures at times. The performance is available to stream on last night’s episode of Letterman.
Gray’s latest album, Covered includes “Creep,” along with her distinctive versions of Celine Dion’s “The Power of Love,” the Eurythmics’ “Here Comes The Rain Again,” and Metallica’s “Nothing Else Matters,” among an eclectic listing of songs.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together
- Prince Drops Surprise Track ‘Stare’
- Ricky Martin to Kick Off U.S. Tour in September
- U2 Are the Subjects of Two Upcoming HBO Specials
- Watch 1,000 People Play Foo Fighters’ ‘Learn To Fly’ At The Same. Freaking. Time.
- Watch Tituss Burgess, Tina Fey and Jane Krakowski Lip-Sync Beyonce