JLo Discusses Adoption, Wanting Kids
It’s hard to imagine Jennifer Lopez being worried about anything. The American Idol judge, singing sensation and actress seems on top of the world. However, in a recent interview with CNN about her current film What To Expect When You’re Expecting JLo opened up about her difficulty in having kids and her thoughts on adoption.
“My character in the movie can’t have a baby and she wants one so badly,” JLo said. “I actually did know those feelings because I wanted kids so badly and I felt like I couldn’t have them either. It just wasn’t happening for me after I got married. I was just like, ‘Maybe I’m not supposed to have them.’ But I wanted it so bad.”
JLo said that was her way of understanding her character in the film.
“As far as the adopting part, when they first introduce the babies to us [in the film] they bring these two Ethiopian twins in and we meet their mom and dad who had adopted them and we held them,” she said. “You really see how you could love a child who is not your own, who you had never met before, the hopes of raising it as one of your family. I understand this. I see how someone could do this.”
When asked how she felt about stars like Madonna and Angelina Jolie adopting, JLo had nothing but praises.
“I commend them for it,” she said. “I think it’s a selfless act of love to adopt a child that you don’t know, never seen before, never met before. It’s a beautiful thing.”
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Enter To Win: Ariana Grande at MSG
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’
- Iranians Who Made Tehran ‘Happy’ Video Sentenced to Six Months in Jail, 91 Lashings