The Voice contestant Tony Lucca spoke to 100.7 Star/Pittsburgh this morning about his performance on Monday’s finale episode and it seemed like Christina’s constant critiques have gotten to him as much as he’s going to allow.
In last night’s episode of the show, Christina criticized Tony’s choice to perform Jay-Z’s “99 Problems,” calling the lyrics derogatory to women. This prompted yet another spat between Christina and Adam Levine, Tony’s coach, during which Adam took off his shirt to reveal a “Team Xtina” t-shirt underneath.
“I know she believes with all her heart in Chris [Mann] and her whole team all season long…I’ve spent about as much time as I can speculating about it. If anything after tonight I’m so glad I won’t have to anymore.”
When asked if “bygones will be bygones” after the finale wraps, Lucca said, “I don’t see any grand gestures being made…I took the high road, at least I tried to, for the better majority of this run and found clever ways of participating in the exchange from the microphone. I’m over it. I’m done with it.”
Regardless of Christina’s opinion of his performance, Lucca’s take on “99 Problems” currently sits at #3 on the iTunes chart, right behind “Payphone” — the latest single from his coach Adam’s band Maroon 5. Tony & Adam’s duet on “Yesterday” is currently at #5. Both tracks are besting Team Christina’s entries, which sit at numbers 8 and 12.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Selena Gomez Debuts Short Haircut
- Madonna Calls Potential Biopic Producers Charlatans and Fools
- Sony Music Cuts Ties with Dr. Luke: Report
- #TabooTuesday: Do You Have Questions You’ve Always Wanted To Ask People, But Didn’t Have The Nerve To Ask?
- Beyoncé Launches Scholarship Program for Young Women
- Ellie Goulding Reunites with Ex-Boyfriend Midair at ‘Magic Mike Live’