Lee Ann Womack To Premiere New Songs
Lee Ann Womack is set to premiere some brand new songs during a concert in Biloxi, Mississippi this month. This will be her first new material since 2008’s Call Me Crazy.
The “I Hope You Dance” singer is scheduled to perform May 26 at the IP Resort & Casino in Biloxi. She’s also performing a special soundcheck for members of her fan club that will feature the debut of new songs she’s been working on in collaboration with her husband, producer Frank Liddell.
According to a statement on her fan club site, the Lee Ann Womack Social Club and Country Music Appreciation Society, her upcoming album is tentatively titled The Way I’m Living. And Womack will debut some of these songs during a special fan-club-only soundcheck party.
“I’ve been living with this music now for months, and I’m dying to let the fans hear some,” she writes on her fan club site.
Frank “knows my voice,” she continues. “He understands the things I love. He knows where I want to go in ways I can’t even say. And when we got started – from having Randy Scruggs [son of the late banjo master Earl Scruggs] help me work up the songs on acoustic guitar – it was just a whole different process, that just kept building. We’ve got real country songs; we’ve got some Texas songs, a bit of gospel, some surprises. I’m fired up – and I think the fans will be, too.”
Along with the new songs, the special soundcheck party will include some old favorites and conversation with Lee Ann. It starts at 4pm and is free to fan club members, though fans will need to have a ticket to that evening’s concert in order to attend.
Fan club membership is free and available at lawsocialclub.com.
- Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Says She Was ‘Never Taught the Definition of Feminism’ as a Little Girl, Wishes She Had Been
- This Taylor Swift/Beyoncé Mashup Will Change Your Life
- The Rolling Stones Releasing New Photo Book With Sticker Shock-Inducing Price Tag
- Elton John to LGBT Communities Regarding HIV/AIDS: ‘Wise Up’
- Taylor Swift on Why ‘1989’ Song ‘How You Get the Girl’ Could Result in a Restraining Order: Watch
- Taylor Swift Making Demon Cat Sounds with Her Mouth is Glorious: Watch