Mumford & Sons Say They’ve Finished Recording New Album
London-based quartet Mumford & Sons have been busy recently. The band put out a documentary called Big Easy Express about their tour with Old Crow Medicine Show and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, where the bands traveled from San Francisco to New Orleans via a vintage train. They also performed for President Obama at a state dinner thrown in honor of the British prime minister in March.
Between all of those engagements, Mumford and Sons have been working on a new album, promised to be an “evolution, not revolution,” which keyboard player Ben Lovett confessed that the band is have finished recording a new album.
You might have to wait awhile to hear the follow up to their 2009 album, however. Lovett followed that confirmation by saying, “”But if we listen back while we’re mixing and discover it’s s***, we’ll just start again. We’re not going to put it out until it’s good enough.”
In an interview with MTV, frontman Marcus Mumford also said the band would “keep going until it’s right” and that one way they test out songs is playing them live.
“We don’t really like to put any boundaries on it; we’ll keep going until it’s right,” Mumford said. “It’s definitely a different experience from the first one, as it should be, I think. But it’s been challenging in all the right ways. It’s going well.”
-Nadia Noir, KROQ/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- One Direction Perform ‘Little Things’ in TV Special Teaser: Watch
- Madonna ‘Hasn’t Slept in a Week’ Since Demo Leak
- Elton John Marries Longtime Love David Furnish: See The Photos
- Watch Harry Styles Channel Patrick Swayze For a Little ‘Dirty Dancing’ With Kristen Wiig
- One Direction Perform ‘Night Changes’ & ‘Ready to Run’ on ‘Saturday Night Live': Watch
- Enter To Win A Disney Holiday Basket