Mayweather Recruits Justin Bieber, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne For “Team Money”
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. made an all-star entrance to the Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena for his title fight against Miguel “Cotto” Cotton on Saturday, May 5. The flamboyant fighter was escorted to the ring by a few key members of his “Team Money” crew, which included teen pop star Justin Bieber, WWE wrestler Triple H and his rapper crony, 50 Cent.
A wide-eyed Bieber carried two of Mayweather’s belts into the arena and 50 Cent carried two others. While 50 Cent is often at Mayweather’s side, and Tripple H is no stranger to fight crowds, Bieber’s presence was the crowd shocker, giving the Cotto-leaning audience a heavy dose of Mayweather’s theatrics.
While Bieber and 50 held up Mayweather’s belts, they marched to the ring to the sounds of 2 Chainz’s “Riot.” 2 Chainz, who was not in attendance but at a show in Louisville, KY, sent a tweet acknowledging the connection: “MONEY TEAM BABY!!!”
Bieber’s appearance was not previously announced but he and Mayweather exchanged tweets prior to the fight.
— Floyd Mayweather (@FloydMayweather) May 5, 2012
After the fight, Lil Wayne joined the Money Team in the ring to congratulate Mayweather on his unanimous win. Later that evening, Justin sent another message to the champ:
@FloydMayweather Hard Work & Dedication . congrats champ. glad i could be a part of it
— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) May 6, 2012
–Erik Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Neon Trees Relive Personal History for ‘First Things First’ Video
- Avril Lavigne Tries to Go Big in Japan for ‘Hello Kitty’ Video
- Watch A Great Big World Fall in Love, Long Distance in ‘Already Home’
- Lorde Postpones Upcoming Tour Due To Chest Infection
- Eminem, OutKast, Pearl Jam & Lorde to Headline Austin City Limits Music Festival
- Win Tickets To ‘Heathers The Musical’