Mayweather Recruits Justin Bieber, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne For “Team Money”
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. made an all-star entrance to the Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena for his title fight against Miguel “Cotto” Cotton on Saturday, May 5. The flamboyant fighter was escorted to the ring by a few key members of his “Team Money” crew, which included teen pop star Justin Bieber, WWE wrestler Triple H and his rapper crony, 50 Cent.
A wide-eyed Bieber carried two of Mayweather’s belts into the arena and 50 Cent carried two others. While 50 Cent is often at Mayweather’s side, and Tripple H is no stranger to fight crowds, Bieber’s presence was the crowd shocker, giving the Cotto-leaning audience a heavy dose of Mayweather’s theatrics.
While Bieber and 50 held up Mayweather’s belts, they marched to the ring to the sounds of 2 Chainz’s “Riot.” 2 Chainz, who was not in attendance but at a show in Louisville, KY, sent a tweet acknowledging the connection: “MONEY TEAM BABY!!!”
Bieber’s appearance was not previously announced but he and Mayweather exchanged tweets prior to the fight.
— Floyd Mayweather (@FloydMayweather) May 5, 2012
After the fight, Lil Wayne joined the Money Team in the ring to congratulate Mayweather on his unanimous win. Later that evening, Justin sent another message to the champ:
@FloydMayweather Hard Work & Dedication . congrats champ. glad i could be a part of it
— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) May 6, 2012
–Erik Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- U2 Worried Their Tour Was Already Over When The Edge Fell Off the Stage
- Lady Gaga Is a Blonde Again: See Her New Look
- Jon Bon Jovi Wrote a Song for Rutgers Grads: Watch
- Bill Murray Will Wish You a ‘Very Murray Christmas’ This December
- Adam Lambert Teases Two More Songs Off New Album ‘The Original High': Listen
- ‘Game of Thrones': The Musical? Coldplay Make It a Reality For a Good Cause