Ellie Goulding‘s popular single “Lights” is about one of her biggest fears: darkness.
“If I’ve had a couple of drinks and I come back and just lie on my bed and fall asleep [and] I wake up to realize there isn’t a light on I have to turn a light on,” she confessed during an interview with AMP/ Los Angeles.
The singer isn’t ashamed of sharing her fears, though. “Lights” gives insight into her childhood and Goulding said the song is a good introduction and foundation to her music.
While she was more than open about her fears, Goulding was tight lipped about her relationship with Skrillex. Instead, she raved about working with him.
“He’s like no one else. I think that goes without saying. That’s why he is where he is,” she said. “He’s very, very clever. Very talented and very hardworking.”
Details of Ellie’s new album remain a surprise and she said to expect an October release. An LP of “post-summer songs,” she said the material will be darker.
“If you just read the lyrics [of “Lights”] it’s quite depressing but the album itself ended up sounding quite happy,” she said. “My next album isn’t like that. There will be some tunes that you can really dance to and then others that are just really sad.”
While she wouldn’t give additional details Goulding shared her collaboration wish list which includes Drake, Justin Bieber and Bon Iver. Fans will just have to wait until October to see if they made the cut.
– Robyn Luttrell, 97.1 AMP Radio
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- John Mayer Responds to Katy Perry’s Sex Ranking
- The GRAMMYs Set to Return to Staples Center in Los Angeles
- Watch Lady Gaga Become a Substitute Teacher
- Beyoncé & JAY-Z Eye Really Expensive Mansion: Report
- Pharrell Working on New Albums from Ariana Grande, Justin Timberlake
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Unveils “Immigrants (We Get The Job Done)” Video