Coldplay’s Chris Martin On Adam Yauch Tribute: “The Only Thing To Do Is To Sing”
On Friday, news broke of the Beastie Boys’ Adam Yauch’s passing after a difficult battle with cancer. Within minutes of the announcement, the Internet was a blaze with thoughts and sentiments from fans and celebrities about one of entertainment’s most incredible trailblazers.
KROQ/Los Angeles sat down with Chris Martin and Will Champion and asked how the tribute came about. “Friday you did something very special and touching, unfortunately we lost somebody in music that means a lot to all of us, Adam Yauch… So, where were you when you heard the news and do you remember how you felt right at the time?”
“Well, I don’t know how to talk about it,” responded Martin. “It seems the only thing to do is to sing… sing it.”
Martin confirmed that the band put the tribute together that afternoon, before their show, and when asked if their choice seemed like the right song to perform he replied, “Absolutely, yes,” Martin confirmed. “It’s a weird one cause you think, it’s t too obvious to just play someone’s song if they’d gone. But it’s the only thing we know how to do.”
–Jay Tilles, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set
- Nate Ruess Talks fun.’s New Album: ‘It’s Moving’
- Coldplay Announce Tour Dates Behind New Album, ‘Ghost Stories’
- Lorde Finally Meets the Baseball Player Who Inspired ‘Royals’
- Kim’s College: Katy Perry’s New Man, Robin Williams As A Woman & Pharrell’s Breakdown
- Mrs. Doubtfire Is Back, Hated Celebs & Brad And Angelina Are One Kinky Couple: It’s The Hollywood Hotsheet!