Coldplay Pays Tribute To Beastie Boys’ Adam Yauch
Dozens of musicians were influenced by or fans of the Beastie Boys and they are likely all feeling the loss of Adam Yauch, who died on Friday at age 47.
Last night at the Hollywood Bowl Coldplay, perhaps not a band you would automatically associate with New York hip hop, surprised fans with an amazing tribute to MCA. The guys performed a very Coldplay version of the Beaties signature hit, “(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party).”
Martin cracks a smile, and the crowd gets especially loud, near the end of the song when the line, “mom you’re just jealous, it’s the Beastie Boys,” comes up. Martin repeats it twice and ad-libs a tender ending of, “and so we’re sending all our love to the Beastie Boys.”
Bean, KROQ/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyonce Celebrates Her Birthday With A ‘Crazy In Love’ Remix
- Snoop Dogg Slams ‘Deflategate’ Decision, Wants Player’s Marijuana Suspension Vacated
- Beyonce’s B-Day and the U.N. Campaign to Combat Climate Change + Inequality
- Harry Styles Loves Grammar, Fixes Fan Sign During One Direction Show
- Miguel Teams up with Make Room Organization to Sing for Single Mom in Private Concert
- Happy Birthday, Queen Bey!