Coldplay Pays Tribute To Beastie Boys’ Adam Yauch
Dozens of musicians were influenced by or fans of the Beastie Boys and they are likely all feeling the loss of Adam Yauch, who died on Friday at age 47.
Last night at the Hollywood Bowl Coldplay, perhaps not a band you would automatically associate with New York hip hop, surprised fans with an amazing tribute to MCA. The guys performed a very Coldplay version of the Beaties signature hit, “(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party).”
Martin cracks a smile, and the crowd gets especially loud, near the end of the song when the line, “mom you’re just jealous, it’s the Beastie Boys,” comes up. Martin repeats it twice and ad-libs a tender ending of, “and so we’re sending all our love to the Beastie Boys.”
Bean, KROQ/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together