Norah Jones Woos Live On Letterman Crowd With Her Soulful Sound
The notoriously chilly air at the Ed Sullivan Theater was heavy with anticipation for Norah Jones’ Live on Letterman concert Wednesday night. Just a day after the release of her acclaimed album Little Broken Hearts, her fans in New York and thousands more at home couldn’t wait to hear the new material live. Norah did not disappoint, as she smoothly carried the crowd through a breathtaking blend of new material and classics.
Norah and her band cooly cruised on stage, as the chanteuse positioned herself coyly behind the keyboard and kicked it off with “Say Goodbye,” before donning her six-string and grooving into the title track off the new record. Norah and the bands’ sly and soulful sound had the audience hooked as they declared their undying love online and with applause. Midway through the set the crowd online was shouting out for “Happy Pills.”
Norah closed the hour long set with a couple of classics including “Sunrise” and “Come Away With Me” before delighting the crowd with an encore of “Stuck.”
If you missed any of the show, we’ve got an encore performance streaming below. Be sure to also check back for more on-demand content and scroll down to vote in our poll and let us know what your favorite song that Norah played was.
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Kesha Once Broke Into Prince’s House to Drop Off Her Album
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- T.I., Fall Out Boy & London Grammar Performed ‘Live Your Life’ Together on ‘SoundClash’ and It Totally Worked
- Duran Duran Address Fan Club Lawsuit, Say Fans Aren’t the Real Target
- Play the Morrissey Drinking Game
- Jon Bon Jovi Rumored to Be Considering Buying Buffalo Bills, Moving Team to Toronto — and Robert Duffy Isn’t Happy