Mariah Carey may be celebrating her greatest hits, but she’s not done making music just yet.
Yesterday, Carey took to her Facebook to announce she’s recorded a new song, writing: “Lil’ excited to share with you that I wrote and recorded a song for Lee Daniels’ new movie “The Paperboy” called Mesmerized! Hope to play it for you very soon!”
Daniels’ latest film starring Zac Efron, Nicole Kidman and Matthew McConaughey makes its debut at this year’s Cannes Film Festival later this May. Carey previously worked with the director on 2009′s Precious, where she played a social worker.
Back in April, the singer tweeted a photo of herself in the studio, leaving fans excited at the possibility of new music. Carey’s last new album was Merry Christmas II You back in 2010.
Check out the video for “Always Be My Baby” featured on The Essential Mariah Carey available May 8.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Record Turnout for God’s Love We Deliver’s Midsummer Night Drinks
- A Great Big World Adds Flair To Pop Music
- Gavin DeGraw Channels Mumford & Sons On New Song ‘Best I Ever Had’
- Beyonce’s New Album Isn’t Coming As Soon As We Think, Ne-Yo Claims
- Sara Bareilles Shows Support For Same-Sex Marriage: ‘We’re Behind The Times & We’ve Got To Catch Up’
- Miley Cyrus Lets Her Freak Flag Fly For ‘We Can’t Stop’ Video