Heart’s Nancy Wilson Marries “Glee” Exec
Heart‘s Nancy Wilson may be celebrating a big summer tour come June, but for now, the guitarist/vocalist is celebrating her second marriage.
Wilson wed Geoff Bywater, the head of music at Fox, on Saturday (April 28) at a small reception in Mill Valley, California. The ceremony took place at El Paseo, a restaurant owned by rocker pal and former Van Halen vocalist Sammy Hagar and celebrity chef Tyler Florence.
Wilson, 58, shared her big moment with fans via Heart’s official Facebook page, posting the above photo and penning a quick announcement. She wrote: “Love was in the air last Saturday at the El Paseo gourmet restaurant owned by long time friend Sammy Hagar. Love rules! xoxo Nancy and Geoff.”
Wilson has taken to Heart’s Facebook previously to comment on her relationship with Bywater, announcing her engagement in March. “My fiance Geoff Bywater is a senior exec at Fox who handles the music for Glee among many other shows,” she wrote. “We are deeply in love, the same age, and both devoted parents. There is so much happiness we share together, and our blended families too.”
Wilson’s first marriage was a real rock’n'roll affair: From 1986 to 2010, she was married to famed director and former Rolling Stone editor Cameron Crowe (Almost Famous, Jerry Maguire), with whom she has two sons and professionally collaborated.
Heart will release Strange Euphoria, a massive box set of rarities, on June 5. The Wilson sisters and co. hit the road June 29 for a North American tour through mid-September.
–Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo