Alanis Morissette Readies New Album for August
Being a mom is a full time job, but somehow Alanis Morissette was able to get a little time to herself to work on her upcoming album, Havoc and Bright Lights.
Due out August 25, the singer said she wrote the record while caring for her 1-year-old son, Ever. But domesticity hasn’t made her soft, instead she said these new songs, like the ballad “Havoc,” are full of booming choruses and angst reminiscent of her Jagged Little Pill days from way back in 1995.
“This record, as always, is a snapshot of what I currently obsess about, care about, and what strikes me at 4 in the morning in my most introspective moments,” Morissette explained in a statement. “It is my emotional, psychological, social and philosophical commentary through song.”
On “Celebrity” Morissette talks about the pitfalls of fame and though she told Rolling Stone that the song was about specific people, she preferred to stay mum about exactly who. “I’ll never talk about that,” she said. “‘Cause it’s just rude.”
Fans can get a little taste of Morissette’s 7th studio album on May 15 when she releases the first single “Guardian” on iTunes. But for those that just cant wait, pick up the Starbuck’ Mother’s Day compilation Every Mother Counts Volume 2 to hear another new one, “Magical Child.”
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Martin Walks Into a Bar, Plays Free Acoustic Show
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog