Alanis Morissette Readies New Album for August
Being a mom is a full time job, but somehow Alanis Morissette was able to get a little time to herself to work on her upcoming album, Havoc and Bright Lights.
Due out August 25, the singer said she wrote the record while caring for her 1-year-old son, Ever. But domesticity hasn’t made her soft, instead she said these new songs, like the ballad “Havoc,” are full of booming choruses and angst reminiscent of her Jagged Little Pill days from way back in 1995.
“This record, as always, is a snapshot of what I currently obsess about, care about, and what strikes me at 4 in the morning in my most introspective moments,” Morissette explained in a statement. “It is my emotional, psychological, social and philosophical commentary through song.”
On “Celebrity” Morissette talks about the pitfalls of fame and though she told Rolling Stone that the song was about specific people, she preferred to stay mum about exactly who. “I’ll never talk about that,” she said. “‘Cause it’s just rude.”
Fans can get a little taste of Morissette’s 7th studio album on May 15 when she releases the first single “Guardian” on iTunes. But for those that just cant wait, pick up the Starbuck’ Mother’s Day compilation Every Mother Counts Volume 2 to hear another new one, “Magical Child.”
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Justin Bieber: New Song, New Album (‘Soon’), New Outlook
- Nicki Minaj to Open 2015 MTV Video Music Awards
- Tower Records Immortalized in New Doc Featuring Former Employee Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen
- What is Selena Gomez Teasing?
- Preview New 5 Seconds of Summer Song ‘Jet Black Heart’
- Fifth Harmony Check in to Haunted Hotel for ‘I’m in Love with a Monster’ Video