Alanis Morissette Readies New Album for August
Being a mom is a full time job, but somehow Alanis Morissette was able to get a little time to herself to work on her upcoming album, Havoc and Bright Lights.
Due out August 25, the singer said she wrote the record while caring for her 1-year-old son, Ever. But domesticity hasn’t made her soft, instead she said these new songs, like the ballad “Havoc,” are full of booming choruses and angst reminiscent of her Jagged Little Pill days from way back in 1995.
“This record, as always, is a snapshot of what I currently obsess about, care about, and what strikes me at 4 in the morning in my most introspective moments,” Morissette explained in a statement. “It is my emotional, psychological, social and philosophical commentary through song.”
On “Celebrity” Morissette talks about the pitfalls of fame and though she told Rolling Stone that the song was about specific people, she preferred to stay mum about exactly who. “I’ll never talk about that,” she said. “‘Cause it’s just rude.”
Fans can get a little taste of Morissette’s 7th studio album on May 15 when she releases the first single “Guardian” on iTunes. But for those that just cant wait, pick up the Starbuck’ Mother’s Day compilation Every Mother Counts Volume 2 to hear another new one, “Magical Child.”
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Jay Z & Beyonce Outbid for L.A. Mansion By the Minecraft Guy
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- 7 Lawsuits Filed Against South by Southwest After Deadly Car Crash
- Are You Ready for Beyoncé’s Christmas Card?
- Amy Adams Hangs Some Mistletoe in Front of One Direction in ‘SNL’ Promo: Watch
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s All-Star Goodbye to ‘The Colbert Report’