[VIDEO] 8 Years Of Construction At One World Trade Center In 2 Minutes
One World Trade Center officially became the tallest skyscraper in New York City yesterday at just over 1,250 feet. EarthCam has captured every moment of the building’s construction from day one and condensed eight years of work into a two-minute time-lapse video.
Construction didn’t actually begin until April of 2006, but EarthCam captured every moment over the last eight years, starting at the cornerstone ceremony on July 4, 2004.
When One World Trade Center is completed, it will tower over the Big Apple at a very American 1776 feet, making it the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere and the third tallest in the world. It will also have run up a bill of $3.8 billion.
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame