[VIDEO] 8 Years Of Construction At One World Trade Center In 2 Minutes
One World Trade Center officially became the tallest skyscraper in New York City yesterday at just over 1,250 feet. EarthCam has captured every moment of the building’s construction from day one and condensed eight years of work into a two-minute time-lapse video.
Construction didn’t actually begin until April of 2006, but EarthCam captured every moment over the last eight years, starting at the cornerstone ceremony on July 4, 2004.
When One World Trade Center is completed, it will tower over the Big Apple at a very American 1776 feet, making it the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere and the third tallest in the world. It will also have run up a bill of $3.8 billion.
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- How To Get That Fierce Holiday Look by Beyoncé’s Makeup Artist Francesca Tolot
- Katy Perry Reveals Holiday Covergirl Campaign
- 18 Holiday Gifts For The Music Lover In Your Life
- Lorde Was Taylor Swift’s Manager For One Night, And One Night Only
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Help Us Swing Into the Holidays With New H&M Commercial: Watch