Steven Tyler Mouths Off In New Burger King Commercial: Watch
Steven Tyler hasn’t quite attained Gene Simmons status when it comes to branding his band, but the Aerosmith frontman has plenty of business opportunities for himself. The “American Idol” judge stars in a new Burger King commercial, which has already started airing on television.
Now watch the 30-second ad below.
In the ad for Burger King’s new crispy chicken strips, Tyler mouths off to a manager who asks him to wear a hairnet, among other acts of defiance (pretty tame for a major rock star, though). Most notably, he busts out his harmonica for a little riffing.
The reaction to Tyler’s Burger King commercial is tame compared to the controversy surrounding a similar ad featuring R&B singer Mary J. Blige. Public criticism for Blige’s commercial suggested that the ad played up racial stereotypes by presenting an African-American singing about fried chicken. Blige herself said she was not pleased with the commercial, and that the ad was not presented in the way she originally agreed upon.
No word on how much Tyler was paid for his Burger King ad, but Mary J. Blige earned a reported $2 million for hers, which was quickly pulled.
–Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Whitney Houston’s Mom Slams Lifetime Biopic: ‘Please Let Her Rest’
- Pharrell Snagged Miley Cyrus for ‘Come Get It Bae’ Video: Watch
- See Beyoncé Channel ‘Rosie the Riveter’ on Instagram
- Weird Al’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ is His First No. 1 Album
- Adele Awarded Five-Figure Sum In Case Over Son’s ‘Milestone’ Photos
- Jack White Went to a Chicago Cubs Game and Had A Wretched Time