OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream ‘Nina Revisited… A Tribute to Nina Simone’ Featuring Lauryn Hill, Usher & More
- Can Women Be Beautiful and Funny? Hollywood Execs Still Not Sure
- Alison Brie Trying Salt N Pepa’s ‘Shoop’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Is the Whitest Thing: Watch
- Kanye West Is the Only Feature on the Weeknd’s New Album, Says Ed Sheeran
- Britney Spears Recreating the ‘Oops I Did It Again’ Cover with Her Sons Will Make You Feel Old
- Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July Was Better Than Yours