OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Singer Jacquie Lee Talks Touring, Her Love For Christina Perri & Ed Sheeran
- Duran Duran Are Suing Their Own Fan Club
- Nicki Minaj Teases Ariana Grande & Jessie J Superstar Collaboration ‘Bang Bang’: Listen
- Whitney Houston’s Mom Slams Lifetime Biopic: ‘Please Let Her Rest’
- Pharrell Snagged Miley Cyrus for ‘Come Get It Bae’ Video: Watch
- See Beyoncé Channel ‘Rosie the Riveter’ on Instagram