OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Avicii: EDM’s Star Takes a Rock Approach to His New Album
- Justin Bieber’s new album is called…
- Watch Little Mix go to Prom in their ‘Love Me Like You’ Video
- Lady Gaga Covers ‘I Want Your Love,’ Strips Down for Tom Ford Fashion Promo
- #OnTheList with Xtine: Fresh Fall Fest Playlist Wishlist with Duran Duran, Adam Lambert + More
- Ellie Goulding Is Crazy Rich But She Lives Like A Broke Post Collegiate Millenial