NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Make Ed Sheeran Eat the Most Disgusting Food in Japan
- Beyoncé Buys $3,500 Worth of Sandwiches
- Cyndi Lauper Performs ‘When You Were Mine’ for Prince
- Nick Jonas Kills a Cover of Zara Larsson’s ‘Lush Life’
- Duncan Jones Says ‘Goodbye’ to Father David Bowie
- Does Britney Spears’ New Single Feature G-Eazy?