OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Gwen Stefani Working with Pharrell on New Solo Album
- U2 Become Eligible for 2015 GRAMMYs by Releasing Limited-Edition ‘Songs of Innocence’ Vinyl
- Annie Lennox Talks Feminism, Calls Beyonce ‘Feminist Lite’
- Watch the Video for Paul McCartney & Wings’ ‘Call Me Back Again’
- New Found Glory Claims One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Copies One of Their Songs
- Adam Levine Goes Psycho in Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Video: Watch