OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Haulin Oats Earns Hall & Oates Lawsuit, But Garfunkel & Oates Get a Pass?
- Prince Announces Hit & Run Tour with Pop-Up Shows Across U.S.
- Maybe It’s a Hoax, But Adele’s ’25’ Was Spotted on Amazon Today
- Kelly Clarkson Talks The Passion Of Pregnancy Recording And Creating ‘Piece By Piece’
- Bodyguard Forcefully Removes Fan from Lady Gaga’s Path in Paris
- 5 Harrison Ford Close Calls in Movies