OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Enter To Win BIOTA Botanical Products
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue UK, Talks Dating: ‘I Don’t Think They Want What Comes with It’
- Ben Affleck Should Never, Ever Sing ‘Let It Go’ Again: Watch And Hear Why
- Single Again: The Verve Pipe – ‘The Freshmen’