OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Listen to Robin Gibb’s ‘Days of Wine and Roses’ from Upcoming Final Album
- Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Tom Jones to Play Bridge School Benefit
- President Obama Visits Student Who Wished for Beyoncé Instead
- Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding & Calvin Harris to Perform at the Bermuda Triangle on Halloween
- Impact: Train Aims to ‘Get Into People’s Lives’ with ‘Bulletproof Picasso’
- Rihanna Cut From ‘Thursday Night Football’ Because Of Ray Rice