OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set
- Nate Ruess Talks fun.’s New Album: ‘It’s Moving’
- Coldplay Announce Tour Dates Behind New Album, ‘Ghost Stories’
- Lorde Finally Meets the Baseball Player Who Inspired ‘Royals’
- Kim’s College: Katy Perry’s New Man, Robin Williams As A Woman & Pharrell’s Breakdown
- Mrs. Doubtfire Is Back, Hated Celebs & Brad And Angelina Are One Kinky Couple: It’s The Hollywood Hotsheet!