OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lance Bass on One Direction: ‘I Just See Harry Leaving Soon’
- Bleachers Remix Sia’s ‘Big Girls Cry': Listen
- Here’s Ariana Grande & Lea Michele Singing Spice Girls on Helium
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Sequels Are Coming in 2017, 2018
- Billy Joel Will Play New York’s Nassau Coliseum’s Final Show
- Terry Crews Doing Vanessa Carlton’s ‘A Thousand Miles’ on Lip Sync Battle is What Dreams Are Made Of: Watch