OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Mariah Carey to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Ed Sheeran Lands Role In ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Creator’s Latest Medieval Drama
- Bobby Brown Releases Statement about Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Taylor Swift’s ‘Blank Space’
- Kanye Throws Mic and Storms Off Stage at Pan Am Games
- Taylor Swift Approves of Kelly Clarkson’s ‘Blank Space’ Cover