OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Duran Duran Headlining Unveiling of the New Mazda Miata
- ‘CMT Crossroads’ Snags John Legend, Lee Ann Womack for Next Episode
- Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Get Married In France
- The College Life of Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo Inspires New TV Show
- John Lennon’s Killer Says He’s ‘Sorry For Being Such An Idiot’
- Jack White, Eddie Vedder & Paul Simon All Went to the Same Mariners Game: See the Epic Group Photo