NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay Monkey Around in Video for ‘Adventure of a Lifetime’
- Win Tickets To See X-Ambassadors & Muse In Concert
- This Week On FM Magazine: Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- Cyber Monday Music Deals—From Taylor Swift to Queen, Save on CDs
- Adam Lambert Counters Anti-Gay Petition
- Listen to Sia’s New Track ‘One Million Bullets’