NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Nick Jonas Bummed He Didn’t Get a VMA Nod, But Life is Pretty Good
- Ariana Grande and Ricky Alvarez Break Up
- O.A.R. Relay the Need For More Female Voices in the Music Industry
- Lorde Shares Hilarious Uber Story
- MTV Announces 2016 VMA Nominees
- Taylor Swift Fan Committed to Psychiatric Hospital After Stage Rushing Incident