NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’