NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bette Midler Joins Team Shelton on ‘The Voice’
- Jason Derulo Drops Funky New Track ‘Kiss the Sky’
- Snoop Dogg Says Hell No to Hot Dogs
- Elvis Presley’s Birth Certificate Up for Auction at Graceland
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Anthrax, Black Keys to Reissue Pink Vinyls for Gilda’s Club
- Drake’s Dad Stars in Arkells Video ‘Drake’s Dad’