OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Enter To Win A BIOTA Botanicals Prize Pack
- SkyMall Declares Bankruptcy, But Its Craziest Products Live On
- Train Show a Waitress Getting the Last Laugh in ‘Bulletproof Picasso’ Video: Watch
- Katy Perry, Her Dog Have Important Puppy Bowl Meeting
- Pharrell Will Appear on an Upcoming Episode of ‘The Simpsons’
- Ariana Grande Knows Which Harry Potter House She’d Be In