NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- The Postal Service Air Dirty Laundry In ‘A Tattered Line Of String’ Video
- Eminem Drops Mixtape Track ‘Symphony In H’
- Kim’s College: The Muppets, Demi Moore and Kanye West
- John Mayer Drops New Single ‘Paper Doll’
- Demi Lovato Addresses Rehab Stint At Chicago Concert: ‘I’ve Gotten Through It And You Can Do It Too’
- Depeche Mode’s ‘Concert For The Masses’ Rose Bowl Show, 25 Years Later