OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Jay Z & Beyonce Outbid for L.A. Mansion By the Minecraft Guy
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- 7 Lawsuits Filed Against South by Southwest After Deadly Car Crash
- Are You Ready for Beyoncé’s Christmas Card?
- Amy Adams Hangs Some Mistletoe in Front of One Direction in ‘SNL’ Promo: Watch
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s All-Star Goodbye to ‘The Colbert Report’