OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ingrid Michaelson Looks To The Past For Inspiration On ‘Time Machine’
- War Gets Romantic in Vance Joy’s ‘Georgia’ Video: Watch
- Ed Sheeran Gives Newly Married Couple Surprise of a Lifetime at Their Wedding: Watch
- Here’s Billy Zane Reading Tweets Meant for Zayn Malik
- Duran Duran’s New Album Features Nile Rodgers, John Frusciante, Mark Ronson Collabs
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence About Quitting One Direction, Plans Solo Career (Eventually)