NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’
- Willie Nelson Teams Up with Harry Connick Jr. on Holiday Track ‘When I’m Home’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Jim & Kim’s 12 Days Of Christmas Toys: Barbie Digital Makeover Mirror
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- New Jersey’s ‘Men In Kilts’: For ALL Of Your Handyman Needs!