OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Calvin Harris Lands Spring Emporio Armani Campaign
- Madonna Denies Supposed Album Leak As Stolen ‘Unfinished Demos,’ ‘Form of Terrorism’
- Lorde, Skrillex, Rick Astley & Many More Attempt to Write the Greatest Song Ever: Watch
- Craig Wayne Boyd Wins Season 7 of ‘The Voice’
- Amy Adams Just Loves One Direction So Much: Watch
- Justin Timberlake & Jimmy Fallon Go Back To Camp For Nerdy Rendition of Third Eye Blind’s ‘Jumper': Watch