OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- How To Get That Fierce Holiday Look by Beyoncé’s Makeup Artist Francesca Tolot
- Katy Perry Reveals Holiday Covergirl Campaign
- 18 Holiday Gifts For The Music Lover In Your Life
- Lorde Was Taylor Swift’s Manager For One Night, And One Night Only
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Help Us Swing Into the Holidays With New H&M Commercial: Watch
- Rihanna Teases New Album with 15-Second Snippet