OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Shania Twain Says New Album is In the Works
- 8-Seconds of White Noise from Taylor Swift Topped the Canadian iTunes Chart
- Sia Does ‘You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile’ For ‘Annie’ Soundtrack: Listen
- Related Questions: Walk the Moon, ‘Shut Up and Dance’
- We Can Survive 2014: What Have the Performers Been Up To?
- Taylor Swift Teases New Song ‘Never Go Out of Style’ in Target Commercial: Watch