OWS May Day Marches, Protests Taking Place Across NYC
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kesha Once Broke Into Prince’s House to Drop Off Her Album
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- T.I., Fall Out Boy & London Grammar Performed ‘Live Your Life’ Together on ‘SoundClash’ and It Totally Worked
- Duran Duran Address Fan Club Lawsuit, Say Fans Aren’t the Real Target
- Play the Morrissey Drinking Game
- Jon Bon Jovi Rumored to Be Considering Buying Buffalo Bills, Moving Team to Toronto — and Robert Duffy Isn’t Happy