NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Elton John Fights ‘Potentially Deadly’ Infection, Cancels Shows
- Really?!: Intern Anthony Says No Man Wants Their First Born To Be a Girl
- #OnTheList: Xtine Richie’s Newest Obsessions – Barns Courtney, Dermot Kennedy, Ryan McMullan
- Watch Charlie Puth’s Steamy New ‘Attention’ Video
- FM Magazine: City Harvest’s 23rd Annual Evening of Practical Magic
- Jennifer Lopez Opens Up About A-Rod on ‘Ellen’