NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Activists with Occupy Wall Street are spreading out across the city for a day of marches, rallies and other events aimed at disrupting business on May Day, or International Workers Day.
About 100 protesters gathered in Bryant Park Tuesday morning before dispersing to picket in front of banks and other businesses throughout Manhattan.
“My daughter and I are officially on strike here today,” protester Rich Rollison, who took his young daughter out of school to join the demonstrations, said. “We’re hoping to lend our support to draw more attention to the movement, sort of revive the movement.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets To See Imagine Dragons in Concert
- Anthony Daniels Almost Turned Down the Roll of C-3PO
- Nicole Scherzinger Addresses Black Eyed Peas Rumors
- Bleachers Release New Single ‘I Miss Those Days’
- Moment of Silence for Bombing Victims Erupts in Oasis Song
- Niall Horan Calls Eagles’ Don Henley ‘Dad’