Karmin Premiere New Single “I’m Just Sayin'”
Nick Noonan and Amy Heidemann of Karmin got their start in music by covering famous hip-hop songs on YouTube. With the success of their covers, the duo decided to give songwriting a shot.
Earlier this year they made their debut performance on Saturday Night Live. An impressive invite for a band who hadn’t recorded an album, Karmin continues to make a name for themselves.
Following the release of the music video for current radio hit “Brokenhearted” in March, today Karmin premiered “I’m Just Sayin” on RollingStone.com. Showcasing Heidemann’s rapid-fire lyrics the soulful track embodies a 1950s music style with distinct R&B influence.
“‘I’m Just Sayin”” was one of the first songs we wrote when we moved out to Los Angeles,” Heidemann told Rolling Stone. “We felt very inspired being in a brand new city and meeting lots of new people.”
The track was first composed with just a mini-keyboard, floor-banged drum beats and the Voice Memo iPhone feature Rolling Stone reports.
To listen to the track, visit RollingStone.com. Their debut album Hello is due for release May 8 on Epic Records.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Watch the ‘Fantastic Four’ Trailer
- New ‘Victoria’s Secret Swim Special’ To Air On CBS
- Iggy Azalea Is Hiring Dancers For Her Upcoming Tour
- Shawn Mendes Announces Debut Album, ‘Handwritten’
- Phillip Phillips Files Suit Against ‘American Idol’ Producers Who ‘Manipulated’ Him
- Imagine Dragons Return with New Song ‘Shots': Listen