Taylor Swift Is Olivia Newton-John’s Pick For Grease Remake
Taylor Swift might have a new career in acting.
Amidst talks of being featured in a biopic on Joni Mitchell, Olivia Newton-John said the country-pop starlet is her choice for the role of Sandy in Grease.
While there are currently no plans in the works for a remake of the 1978 film, Newton-John gave a few actor suggestions in an interview with CNN.
“Lately I’ve thought Taylor Swift could probably do it [play Sandy], because she’s very talented. And my daughter, I’ve always thought she could do it,” she said.
As far as the idea of a remake of the film, Olivia Newton-John isn’t opposed to the idea.
“I’m sure they’ll try it. I think it will probably do well because people will be curious,” she said. “I find for all the movies, there’s something about the originals that people still want to see. But I’m sure they’ll do it and they’ll do an updated version and it will be great.”
Taylor’s been busy in the studio working on a follow up to Speak Now. The 5x platinum album continues to see success as her single “Ours” is the fifth single and fifth consecutive No. 1 song from the album.
Nominated for three CMT Awards for Video of the Year for “Safe & Sound” featuring the Civil Wars, Female Video of the Year for “Ours,” and Collaborative Video of the Year for “Safe & Sound” fans can vote online through June 4.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ella Henderson on Taking Inspiration from Mermaids and Valentino in Style Files
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Added to List of 2015 GRAMMY Performers
- Madonna Calls Taylor Swift the ‘Princess’ of Pop, Now Taylor Swift is ‘Dead’
- How Phillip Phillips’ Lawsuit Will Expose and Change ‘American Idol’
- Elton John & ‘True Blood’ Creator Alan Ball to Write Musical Pilot For HBO
- Nick Jonas Joins ‘Scream Queens’ Cast with Ariana Grande